American Guerrilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Guerrilla

New book. I know the author personally. He is a recent graduate of the University of Houston, BA & MA History. The book is an expanded version of his MA thesis. The author currently serves in the US Army.

This is a remarkable story of valor, leadership and wherewithal. See the link American Guerrilla

Saludos,

Alatriste

Volckmanns recognition paralles that of the US soldiers who refused to surrender when cut off by the Germans in the Ardennes offensive. Similarly the "Long Patrol" on Guadacannal is nearly forgotton along with the various raids and other irregular actions in the South pacific, SE Asia, or Europe.

How many people here can identify details of the activities of the OSS or the British SOE, or even name the obscure books that cover these organizations.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
      How many people here can identify details of the activities of the OSS or the British SOE, or even name the obscure books that cover these organizations.
      These are certainly topics that should be investigated, discussed, and brought to the foreground. The cynic in me says that the brass simply brush these matters aside as being a side show to the big picture in whatever the war. However, I opine what they really fear is the true warriorship and courage displayed for which they were not a "managerial" participant. Like the statement in the link, Volckmann does not appear to be mentioned in a single biography of MacArthur.

Given the style of today's wars, stories/men like PI guerrillas and Volckmann need to be studied.
      Last edited by Alatriste; 06 Mar 10, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Alatriste View Post
        These are certainly topics that should be investigated, discussed, and brought to the foreground. The cynic in me says that the brass simply brush these matters aside as being a side show to the big picture in whatever the war. However, I opine what they really fear is the true warriorship and courage displayed for which they were not a "managerial" participant. Like the statement in the link, Volckmann does not appear to be mentioned in a single biography of MacArthur.

Given the style of today's wars, stories/men like PI guerrillas and Volckmann need to be studied.
        Sounds like a excuse to start more threads

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X