Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Captain Dale Dye

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    As good as Dye is with more modern wars...

    ...with linear combat wars he's not all that gifted. I have a friend who is a F & I War reenactor. He appeared in "Last of the Mohicans" as a French soldier. He said that Captain Dye didn't know much about that war.
    I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

    Comment


    • #17
      Well, you can't be good at everything. To tell you the truth, I don't really know any people who know about the French and Indian War. Plus, modern warfare is a whole other game.
      "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

      Comment


      • #18
        At least one thing, he makes the actors go through boot camp. The cast of SPR almost quit because of his boot camp. You have to admit that the guys in BOB had it rough and they felt it from his tough boot camp. GO DALE!:thumb:
        VonMoltke

        Comment


        • #19
          Nothing against the good captain, guys.

          I just thought I'd bring out a perspective that hadn't been touched upon, yet. I thought he did a great job with BoB and SPR, maybe Michael Mann didn't know where to get a guy to lead the actors through their paces in the F & I War, so he thought of Dale Dye.
          I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

          Comment


          • #20
            Does anybody know who was the military advisor for The Patriot? The battle scenes seemed pretty accurate.
            "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

            Comment


            • #21
              Dale Dye has been very clever in that he has recognised what a Director wants and delivers it to him; that is, a group of men who move together more or less when commanded/asked to. This doesn’t necessarily mean that Dale Dye knows anything about the period the movie might be covering; nor does it matter if he does or not – and often it might well be not. But, as long as a big group of unruly extras/actors do what they are told when they are told, then the Director will be happy. Dale can and does supply this.
              Vote Sinister. Failing That, Vote Ghastly - It Makes Sense

              www.ghastlyco.com

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                Yeah Dale Dye is the badass of all badasses. But, if any of you own the BoB DVD set the last disc has Ron Livingston's (Cpt. Nixon) video diary of Dale Dye's bootcamp. I would love to get out of the Army a vet and go work as cadre at his camp...
                Livingston's "home movie" of Dye's training is a real hoot. I know its nothing compared to actual military training, but at least it gives the actors a feel for the conditions. His training of actors is one of the reasons most of the movies he is associated with have above average realism when it comes to weapons handling and the way soldiers move/deploy.
                Lance W.

                Peace through superior firepower.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                  Yeah Dale Dye is the badass of all badasses. But, if any of you own the BoB DVD set the last disc has Ron Livingston's (Cpt. Nixon) video diary of Dale Dye's bootcamp. I would love to get out of the Army a vet and go work as cadre at his camp...
                  Same here, I would like to work for him. I know that he has a website for his cooperation. If you ever watch BOB or the movie, "Rough Riders", Sgt. Farnsworth (his real name) is a instructor (from his cast) in both movies.

                  I will try to get you this site.:thumb:
                  VonMoltke

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    The BoB extra with the views of training camp are very humorous at times. I think a lot of those actors did realize what they were up against. I like the beginning when he is trying to talk on the phone with Dick Winters with all the reverb…

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by jguritza
                      The BoB extra with the views of training camp are very humorous at times. I think a lot of those actors did realize what they were up against. I like the beginning when he is trying to talk on the phone with Dick Winters with all the reverb…
                      Especially "THE FRONT LEANING REST :drool: " courtesy of Ron Livingston (a.k.a Cpt. Lewis Nixon)!
                      VonMoltke

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                        "I got zips in the wire!"

                        "It's a beautiful war!"


                        "YOU DON'T TELL ME SH*T ABOUT SCREAMING BOY! I'VE HEARD ALOT OF F***ING SCREAMING! MOST OF IT BY WOUNDED AMERICAN BOYS!

                        You understand where I'm coming from Erickson? Good. "Cause if not then f**k you! YOU F**KING MAGGOT! ARE YOU ON MY FREQUENCY?????
                        Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

                        "Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Has anyone seen "The Beast of War?" Very nice movie about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan... He was military advisor but he had no cameos voice or otherwise...

                          From their crazy tank commander:
                          "I was at Stalingrad... I was only 5(?) years old. They lowered me down with ropes from windows so I could throw bombs into German tanks... they called me 'Tankboy.'"
                          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

                          Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                            Has anyone seen "The Beast of War?" Very nice movie about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan... He was military advisor but he had no cameos voice or otherwise...

                            From their crazy tank commander:
                            "I was at Stalingrad... I was only 5(?) years old. They lowered me down with ropes from windows so I could throw bombs into German tanks... they called me 'Tankboy.'"

                            GREAT MOVIE!!! Jason Patrick was amazing in that movie.
                            Minister Of Propaganda For Sinister Inc.

                            "Look! The enemy is inviting us to defeat them! We must oblige them!"

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                              Has anyone seen "The Beast of War?" Very nice movie about a Russian tank crew in Afghanistan... He was military advisor but he had no cameos voice or otherwise...

                              From their crazy tank commander:
                              "I was at Stalingrad... I was only 5(?) years old. They lowered me down with ropes from windows so I could throw bombs into German tanks... they called me 'Tankboy.'"
                              Actually it's called "The Beast", but I'd agree its a great movie. Easily the best I've seen about Russia's war in Afghanistan. It shows the determination of the Mujahaddin (sp?) and why it came to be known as Russia's "Vietnam". Awfull tough terrain to try and use armor in.
                              Lance W.

                              Peace through superior firepower.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Lance Williams
                                Actually it's called "The Beast", but I'd agree its a great movie. Easily the best I've seen about Russia's war in Afghanistan. It shows the determination of the Mujahaddin (sp?) and why it came to be known as Russia's "Vietnam". Awfull tough terrain to try and use armor in.
                                Its known as both...
                                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

                                Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X