Captain Dale Dye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Dale Dye

I am proud to state that Dale Dye and his company help bring out the most in today war production. Also, he was a veteran of the Vietnam War and has been in almost every war production especially Band of Brothers, Platoon, The Rough Riders, Casualties of War, etc.

Dale Dye is the Man!:bowdown: :thumb:
    VonMoltke

Captain Dale Dye

Captian Dale Dye played the voice of guuny in Medal of Honor Rising Sun. (Listen to him Speak in the game), it also says so at the credits!!

Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

I believe he lends his voice also at the start of the game Medal of Honour Allied Assault.
      http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Yeah Dale Dye is the badass of all badasses. But, if any of you own the BoB DVD set the last disc has Ron Livingston's (Cpt. Nixon) video diary of Dale Dye's bootcamp. I would love to get out of the Army a vet and go work as cadre at his camp...
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

He was also part of one of the worst movies ever - 'Starship Troopers'.

Everyone involved it that fiasco should be burned at the stake.

Comment

Dale Dye also owns a company that specializes in military movies. He also puts his actos into shape. Those guys on BOB never had hard training. Also, some of his personnel appears in his movies including Sgt. Farnsworth who appears as himself in The Rough Riders.

I also like him in "Platoon" when he plays the Company Co.

Dale Dye is the man!!
            VonMoltke

Comment

Originally posted by Crutch
              He was also part of one of the worst movies ever - 'Starship Troopers'.

Everyone involved it that fiasco should be burned at the stake.
              What was his part?
              http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Originally posted by FelixAlicea
                Dale Dye also owns a company that specializes in military movies. He also puts his actos into shape. Those guys on BOB never had hard training. Also, some of his personnel appears in his movies including Sgt. Farnsworth who appears as himself in The Rough Riders.

I also like him in "Platoon" when he plays the Company Co.

Dale Dye is the man!!
                "I got zips in the wire!"

"It's a beautiful war!"
                The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                  "I got zips in the wire!"

"It's a beautiful war!"
                  Check him out in "Casualties of War", when he tells Michael J. Fox off. I forgot the quote, but he surely tells him off.:terms:
                  VonMoltke

Comment

Re: Captain Dale Dye

Originally posted by FelixAlicea
                    I am proud to state that Dale Dye and his company help bring out the most in today war production. Also, he was a veteran of the Vietnam War and has been in almost every war production especially Band of Brothers, Platoon, The Rough Riders, Casualties of War, etc.

Dale Dye is the Man!:bowdown: :thumb:
                    "The Rough Riders"
                    Teddy Roosevelt et al in the Spanish-American War? Man, Dale Dye has been around!
                    Is this film worth seeing?

I think you are pulling my leg about Dye's contributino to Starship Trooper!

I think he also had a role in "Outbreak" with Dustin Hoffman as a special agent (CIA, FBI, ?)
                    All your ACG posts are belong to us!

Comment

I was also unaware of Dye's participation in Starship Troopers. Personally I liked that film, but it didn't compare to the book. Didn't Dye also work on Memphis Belle? He didn't cameo in the movie like he usually does, but I believe he was still an advisor. There are actually a few other movie he was in that aren't mentioned here, but I can't remember them now.
                      "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

duh! I should have went to IMDB first! Yup, played a general in "Starship Trooper." The film was pretty crappy (IMHO) and I probably fell asleep and missed his screen time! LOL

You can check out Dale Dye's VERY extensive career list here:
                        http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0245653/

Comment

Oh yeah, I remember it now. It was the very end of the movie. He had one whole line. Plus I think he had his hat pulled far down, so I could only tell it was him because of his voice.

Comment

I noticed on Patrocles' link his latest film, The Great Raid. Its about the raid of the 6th Ranger Battalion in 1945 in the Philippines. Sounds cool.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgiaDixie
                              Oh yeah, I remember it now. It was the very end of the movie. He had one whole line. Plus I think he had his hat pulled far down, so I could only tell it was him because of his voice.
                              ha ha
                              He probably realized how crappy the film was going to be, but had contractual obligations!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X