• Show
Clear All

• Desiree Clary
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Originally posted by 101combatvet View Post
    I probably would agree, there are the fan boys that will always suggest the CMH, Louis Zamperini, Dick Winters come to mind. There are others that have been awarded over the last few years that should have been DSCs or Silver Stars, but the political machine gets what it wants.
    I could support the DSC but not the CMH.

Leave a comment:

• Biscuit
    replied

Thanks for referencing the real documentary. I'll look for it.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    RIP!

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
    Great history of a very brave man. However I don't believe his actions are worthy of the CMH
    I probably would agree, there are the fan boys that will always suggest the CMH, Louis Zamperini, Dick Winters come to mind. There are others that have been awarded over the last few years that should have been DSCs or Silver Stars, but the political machine gets what it wants.

Leave a comment:

• Half Pint John
    replied
    Great history of a very brave man. However I don't believe his actions are worthy of the CMH

Leave a comment:

• 101combatvet
    started a topic another hero passes on

another hero passes on

Frederick Mayer, the real “Inglorious Bastard” who served in World War II, has died. He was 94.

Mayer, a Jewish refugee from Germany and a naturalized U.S. citizen, was recruited by the Office of Strategic Services, the World War II predecessor to the CIA. He then volunteered to lead Operation Greenup, one of the most daring and successful missions behind German lines.

Mayer’s actions were portrayed in the award-winning documentary “The Real Inglorious Bastards,”

http://www.armytimes.com/story/milit...died/83088640/

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X