Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "War Hitler Krank"? (Was Hitler Ill)

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...-a-675991.html

German TV has been running a series titled, Secrets of WWII.

The above link goes into some detail about the long year treatment of Hitler my his personal Doctor, DR Morell. Also shown in the TV series is how Hitlers Dentist proscribed medications that conflicted with those of Morell.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Interesting. All the old rumours and half truths rise again. It seems one can't be a ruthless dictator anywhere without being accused of micropenis.

I think the knowledge that Hitler was suffering from Parkinson's is already well known. I recall a television show that had film footage shot by a Swedish crew late in the war that caught Hitler's uncontrollable right hand shaking from the disease. None of the official Nazi film of the late war period shows his right hand without either being gloved or being held be his left hand.

While not fatal, Parkinson's does reduce a sufferer's mortality. I don't believe that Hitler was physically at the point of incapacitation yet, but then again I wasn't there. What a wedding night for Eva; Parkinson's and micro p.

Cheers,
    Dan.

Eva: I didn't mean to laugh, Liebchen!
    So long as men worship the Caesars and Napoleons, Caesars and Napoleons will duly rise and make them miserable.

Aldous Huxley: Ends and Means (1937)

Comment

I don't know, but is it possible that Claus von Stauffenberg's bomb plot was more of a success than he was given credit for. Did the explosion put Hitler on a slow-burning fuse, so to speak?

A few days before he committed suicide, he made his last public appearance outside his Berlin bunker to present some Iron Crosses to Berlin's defenders. This was filmed for a Nazi newsreel. What was cut from the footage was the sight of Hitler having a violent tremor in one of his hands. In other words - he was suffering from the onset of Parkinson's disease.
      Hitler played Golf. His bunker shot was a hole in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sign&Print Name View Post
        I don't know, but is it possible that Claus von Stauffenberg's bomb plot was more of a success than he was given credit for. Did the explosion put Hitler on a slow-burning fuse, so to speak?
        He was quite affected by the blast afterwards, despite maintaining his appointment with Mussolini later in the day.

He had ripped clothes, a la someone who copped a stick of dynamite in a 1920s silent comedy.

I assume he was dressed differently when Il Duce dropped by for a Vegan biscuit and an Axis peptalk!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          The above link goes into some detail about the long year treatment of Hitler my his personal Doctor, DR Morell. Also shown in the TV series is how Hitlers Dentist proscribed medications that conflicted with those of Morell.
          He treated him (along with other doctors) for eight years.

Morell's diary and Hitler dossier was used by the controversial David Irving for an interesting short book you can download for free here:

http://www.fpp.co.uk/books/Morell/index.html

The appendix contains many of the tests that were performed on Der Fuehrer, a hypochondriac who actually had hepatitis and coronary sclerosis, while evidence is presented of Parkinson's.

Morell did acquire a bit of a reputation as a Rasputin amongst senior Nazis, using "litres of mysterious fluids that were squirted into his grateful and gullible Führer each year, whose arms were punctured so often that even Morell sometimes could not find anywhere to insert the needle into the scarred veins."
          Last edited by clackers; 27 Nov 12, 21:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Sign&Print Name View Post

A few days before he committed suicide, he made his last public appearance outside his Berlin bunker to present some Iron Crosses to Berlin's defenders. This was filmed for a Nazi newsreel. What was cut from the footage was the sight of Hitler having a violent tremor in one of his hands. In other words - he was suffering from the onset of Parkinson's disease.
            According to the German TV series, mystery s of WWII. Hitler suffered burns to hands and face. Wounds from wood splinters and ruptured ear drums. The cut from the film was replaced in the TV doco.

Comment

A relevant link found on You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZikwWHHpN8

Comment

I thought the widely held medical view was that apart from being under major stress he had parkinsons? Aswell as being mad as a badger in the first place...

Comment

I read somewhere that he was prescribed eye drops which were opiate-based. Even for 1940's Nazi Germany, pharmaceutical technology was nowhere near as advanced as it is today. But then as now, one thing won't change. All medicines have side effects.

Comment

Originally posted by copenhagen View Post
                    I thought the widely held medical view was that apart from being under major stress he had parkinsons? Aswell as being mad as a badger in the first place...
                    He was bi-polar and from the doco was fed a mix of Opium and Cocaine based meds over a longer period.

There is a book out "I was the Devils Dentist" as well. One of the things that was brought out was that Hitler had a lot of work done on his teeth with a lot of gold used. Guess wear the gold came from? From the camps.
                    Last edited by Half Pint John; 28 Nov 12, 07:44.

Comment

Perhaps Turrets syndrome as well?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X