Patton Speech, 1945 (Movie)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patton Speech, 1945 (Movie)

This is my first time listening to Patton in person (in the past just movie actors).

I didn't realize he had a high-pitched voice like that.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
    --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
    This is my first time listening to Patton in person (in the past just movie actors).

I didn't realize he had a high-pitched voice like that.

Very interesting. It's tempting to believe that George C.Scott was more like Patton than Patton.
    "I dogmatise and am contradicted, and in this conflict of opinions and sentiments I find delight".
    Samuel Johnson.

Comment

More than a few authors have written that Patton was embarrassed by his high pitched voice.

It is rather jarring when you have grown up thinking that George C. Scott had Patton down cold and then you hear the real thing.
      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by R. Evans View Post
        More than a few authors have written that Patton was embarrassed by his high pitched voice.

It is rather jarring when you have grown up thinking that George C. Scott had Patton down cold and then you hear the real thing.
        Compare this to the movie Lincoln, where historians have surmised that Lincoln had a high pitched voice as well. In prior movies, he's portrayed as a deep voiced, brooding man. Daniel Day-Lewis portrays him as a high-pitched folksy man... Probably accurately so.

I wonder what would be the opinion if George C. Scott did a high pitched voice.

Comment

I've read that Theodore Roosevelt had a high-pitched voice also.

A lot of people seem to imagine these types sounding something like Johnny Cash.
          "Shoot for the epaulets, boys! Shoot for the epaulets!" - Daniel Morgan

Comment

I've heard recordings of TR. He did have a rather high pitched voice. I think they were Edison recordings on wax cylinders. If you google them, I've apparently lost the link, there's a whole slew of Edison recordings of people like Houdini and Bismarck.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X