Vlasov..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlasov..

After much humming and hawing....I have finally decided to start getting down to something I have considered doing for a long time: writing a book on General Andrei Andreevich Vlasov and the Russian Liberation Army. Over the past few years, I managed to collect around 30 odd books on the subject - almost all in Russian, along with a hundred or so articles, newspapers, periodicals, etc - also mostly Russian. Have already hired a research assistant at the Hoover Institute and ordered the first of likely an eventual two dozen reels from the National Archive collection of captured German documents.....

wish me luck...I will need it.

There is no doubt in my mind you will create something extraordinary.Controversial theme as well,and only for that I wish you a lot of luck

Entire ACG will be with you to provide support,I firmly believe that.
    It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
    Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

If this is a labor of love, as it sounds, then you will be a happier, more fulfilled person for having completed it. Good luck!!

Jon
      "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
      -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

Comment

Originally posted by Skoblin View Post
        After much humming and hawing....I have finally decided to start getting down to something I have considered doing for a long time: writing a book on General Andrei Andreevich Vlasov and the Russian Liberation Army. Over the past few years, I managed to collect around 30 odd books on the subject - almost all in Russian, along with a hundred or so articles, newspapers, periodicals, etc - also mostly Russian. Have already hired a research assistant at the Hoover Institute and ordered the first of likely an eventual two dozen reels from the National Archive collection of captured German documents.....

wish me luck...I will need it.
        How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
        Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

Good luck, and I think you picked a good one.
          Be perfectly objective, it makes the largest possible number of people mad and guarantees pithy reviews.

(so, that was a poll with an ulterior motive, whodathunkit? )

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Put me down for a copy when you're done. Signed, of course, so I can auction it for a squillion when you are famous.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Skob, I'd consider buying your book as well, would you be considering an online version?
                "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone

However, don't expect an autographed copy anytime soon. I'm factoring at least 2-3 years for this project as a large number of themes will have to be researched through original documentation: Ostarbeiter, Osttruppen, German occupation policy, prisoner interrogation records, relations among Russian and non-Russian nationalities, combat reports, propaganda records, etc etc. Major stumbling block is that the Russian State Archives/FSB Archives still have a lot of information dealing with Vlasov under lock and key.

Comment

There are no Nazis in Ukraine. © Idiots

Comment

Well you sure have picked a worthwhile subject, a good biography of General Vlasov has been needed for a long time as well as a history of the POA and I will also be getting a copy as soon as you finish. So get busy!

Comment

Great subject and I am sure you will do it proud.
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia’s Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

Comment

Put me down for a copy too. I've always considered his story a bit tragic.

Comment

Good luck skoblin.

Comment

You have your work cut out for you. No doubt you realize that Vlasov's career has been heavily propagandized, whether in a Red Army or in a Wehrmacht uniform. You'll need a top-of-the-line BS detector.

Regards
                              Scott Fraser
                              Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X