101st Vs the 82nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101st Vs the 82nd

I want to know your favorite divison the 82nd or the 101st. Please give reasons!!!:thumb:

NOTE: I am not trying to make a mockery of any of these divisions. They all served extremmly well and they deserve our thank. Another thing I have intentionly left out other airborne divisions because I want to compare these!!:thumb:

Thanks Vote Well

CURRAHEE
    The 101st Airborne
    43.48%
    The 82nd Airborne
    56.52%
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

82nd. Made more combat jumps; fought longer than the 101st. But I'd have been proud to be in either unit.

Cheers!

:armed:
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Both are very good and still are.

BigMik1
      "Cry Havoc!! and let slip the dogs of war!!!"
      -Mark Anthony in Willam Shakespeare "Julius Caesar" (1599)

Comment

There are 2 actions that really got me interested in WW II as a kid.
        The defence of Bastogne by the Screaming Eagles and the assault across the Grave at Nijmegen by the All American.

Hard to choose between a favorite.:bowdown:
        Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

It’s like choosing between an apple and an apple. I picked the 101st because it had the fewest votes.
          Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I'll have to say the 82nd ...

the 101st got more press time for the siege at Bastone ... but the 82nd where there on the flanks doing a job that was as vital as what the 101st where doing ....

Comment

Wow this is one of the hardest choices I've had to make on these boards! But I went with the 101st, because the question was favorite division, not just of World War II. The 101st served all throughout the Vietnam War, as well as in Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom. Since WWII the 82nd as a division has only participated in Panama. Regiments have individually done other combat missions, but the entire division together hasn't seen much action.
              "Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for"
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching"

Comment

This poll is WWII 101st and 82nd ariborne divisions, sorry for the confusion!!!
                :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks

CURRAHEE
                Peter Williams

Comment

Originally posted by eagle101
                  This poll is WWII 101st and 82nd ariborne divisions, sorry for the confusion!!!
                  :thumb: :thumb:

I change my vote to the British 1st Airborne Divison! To bad Monty came up with a hair-brained scheme that nearly oblierated them.

General Roy Urquhart

Cheers!

:armed:
                  Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Hey richard I'm going to do the British airborne in my next post!!

Stay tuned, thanks

CURRAHEE
                    Peter Williams

Comment

Being former Air Assault school cadre I'm gonna have to go with 101st and to quote Robert Duvall:

"Airborne?"
                      If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing either coming to save my butt.

Comment

This was an "either" "or" type of choice for me. They were both outstanding units. I'd hate to end up in a bar with either of em' boys!!

Comment

Originally posted by tadcar
                            This was an "either" "or" type of choice for me. They were both outstanding units. I'd hate to end up in a bar with either of em' boys!!
                            I wouldn’t mind, as long as they were on my side.:thumb:
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

101st Screamin Eagles! They could take on the 82nd.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X