Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another video of SA Regiment FHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sfl1clBb18

I wonder if the selection of veteran units to integrate into FHH a result of merit or circumstance?

13.Pz was integrated into FHH after it was destroyed in the battle for Budapest. 60.ID (mot.) was destroyed at Stalingrad.

Regiment FHH from seemingly ordinary 93.ID - any special characteristics?

Tiger 503 was the most distinguished of all Tiger battalions, with 502 being a close second.
    Zhitomir-Berdichev, West of Kiev: 24 Dec 1943-31 Jan 1944
    Stalin's Favorite: The Combat History of the 2nd Guards Tank Army
    Barbarossa Derailed I & II
    Battle of Kalinin October 1941

Comment

• Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
      I bought a copy of WSS Knights and their Battles vol. 4. I will post a brief preview of it later.

https://www.amazon.com/Waffen-SS-Kni...8-4&ref=sr_1_4
      This series is a more focused version of Yerger's Waffen SS German Cross in Gold materials- it has campaign summaries of the Waffen SS in the period covered (in this case, Jan-May 1944, volume IV) and also a complete list of Waffen SS personnel that were awarded the knight's cross for this period. There is some interesting data on the awards in the appendices. The individuals are covered with a section describing their C.V., and then there are reproductions of their award citations and discussions of the combat actions that resulted in the award. I find it useful side information and color for the Eastern Front battles covered- it's a good series.

Their awards were for actions that were earlier than the date covered (in this period, Nov-Dec 1943 actions are heavily covered). The awards in this period were predominately for:

- 1.SSLAH for their counterstrikes West of Kiev, Zhitomir-Berdichev, Counterstrikes prior to the Korsun pocket.
      - 5.SS W for the battle of the Korsun pocket
      - 11.SS N for the battles of Narva

Also, in this period the 200th Knight's Cross for the Waffen SS was awarded.

I've also recently arrived at a new understanding on how the award system operated. The Knight's Cross was a divisional level award that had to move up very high in the bureaucratic chain for approval like the Congressional medal of honor. In this manner it was representative of the more extreme (and thus rare) achievements of the division and significant effort was made to approve or disapprove it.

The German Cross in Gold was like a "super" Iron Cross- for six or so high achievements but all of these achievements being lower in stature than those warranting the Knight's Cross. Officers as low as battalion commanders and company chefs could recommend it, and it involved the submission of supporting documents. This was more of an internal award. The 2.SS Das Reich had around 150 such awards and the 3.SS T had something similar. I understand why Yerger focused his work on it- it is basically a mark of steady competence in the field but with few "outlier" achievements like how the Knight's Cross is awarded for.

Between the two awards, the Knight's Cross was more prone to being politicized as it was something famous to the general public.

Comment

• Yerger's coverage of 3.SS German Cross in Gold holders is a bit on the scattered side- Like Mooney he has the C.V, and then snippets of combat reports and award documents. The awards could have been given for periods anywhere between 1941-1945. However, a lot of the German Cross in Gold winners do not have information (he could not find it) and the details of their Knight's Cross aren't usually covered. Mooney's coverage is much more focused and there is less material of lessor interest.

Some other aspects that I found in my readings:

-Mooney compiles stats on the KC for the Waffen SS- half were awarded to infantry alone, and about a quarter to AFV crews of various types. The remainder were awarded to other branches.

- In the Waffen SS, the Das Reich division was the most decorated KC unit, and its Panzer regiment had around the same number of awards as each of the two infantry regiments. Das Reich and Totenkopf had the highest number of Close combat clasps in Gold, with Totenkopf having the most. 1.SSLAH armor was also heavily decorated but I don't know the exact number.

-Totenkopf, however did not have much KCs awarded for its armor (The PR only had 4 and the Assault guns a similar number) . The bulk of KCs went to the infantry and supporting arms.

-Yerger's opinion is that the 3.SS's best trained elements were its Artillery and combat engineer units.

Comment

• Also:

-The KC's were often awarded for actions that had a divisional or regimental level impact- eg. a ex. 3.SS officer commanding units in 10.SS F in Normandy received the KC for leadership actions that were critical for the division holding on to Hill 112. The actual action itself was more like a German Cross in Gold action- but the officer was in the right place and at the right time, so his action had greater effect. So the actions themselves were not always "super duper", but had effects that echoed to a higher level.

-Also, the KCs were awarded for an officer with a big and long track record of leadership success.

-The overwhelming majority of WSS KC's were awarded to officers.

Comment

• I've enjoyed vol. IV so much that I bought Vol. III. The Mooney format also allows one to compare the knight's cross awards with each other as they are from the same time period. They are also clustered around certain themes, which are discussed. Also, the circumstances which led to the award is illuminating. The majority of KCs were awarded in 'normal' circumstances while some seem to be more politicized.

Red Flags:

-Of note is if the soldier's divisional commander actually took the time to write a glowing recommendation letter than it is a tip-off that the commander needed heroes and really wanted to give some awards. This is the case with Gille's (5.SSW) and Teddy Wisch (1.SSLAH)

-If a soldier was awarded more than one grade of the Knight's Cross in a short period of time (in this time period, Wittmann (Panzer Ace 1.SSLAH), Gille (5.SS W), and von Scholz (11.SS N)

- Generally, it took around 1-3 months for an award to get processed and approved. However, some awards were approved very quickly and even within days. This was especially true Himmler was involved and took an active interest, which he did in the case of the Narva battles which was promoted as the battle of the European SS (he appeared to have really wanted 11.SS N to have a lot of awards and the foreign legions to have one guy with the Knight's Cross- in looking at the award citations some of the achievements (mostly for the volunteer legions) weren't that impressive).

-Gille, of the 5.SS W and later the IV SS Panzer Korps, appears to have been strongly favored by Himmler. He was awarded the Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds in just 6! months making him among just a handful of german generals with the diamonds. Gille was awarded the Oak Leaves on the spot without documentation (the only such case in the book).

In later works on the Hungary battles, it was known that he had a direct line to Himmler. A lot of 5.SS Wiking armor and infantry commanders won the Knight's Cross for the Korsun pocket (famous in the German media and Himmler and IIRC even Hitler met them) and, interestingly enough, the much smaller & less important battle of Kovel. Gille wrote several recommendation letters himself. While the awards for Korsun are justifiable I find the ones for Panzer men at Kovel not so much.

-Wittmann was also strongly favored, and had the KC and oakleaves given to him in a short period of time. The leaders of the SSLAH tigers- Kling and Wendorff (all three were panzer aces and the most active leaders of their unit) also got the KC. Prior to Normandy he become somewhat of a public figure, and gave speeches in factories.

-Von Scholz got the KC and the oakleaves very quickly- as commander of the 11.SS Nordland it was Himmler's interest to accelerate the process.
            Last edited by Cult Icon; 24 Jan 19, 23:46.

Comment

• -there were department(s) that was in charge of processing the awards

-The German Cross in Gold was not awarded for recent actions, but also ones that occurred years ago. So, eg. a soldier could have documents covering an action in 1942, 1943, 1944, 1945 and after a review, they would get the German cross in Gold in 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kurt Knispel View Post

I would have liked to meet Mark. He was definitely one of a kind.
                Valuable comments by Yerger on the Totenkopf book and subject:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=760241

He has stated his books on Das Reich and Totenkopf was his best work. Also, he has stated that "Soldiers of Destruction" is to him, filled with errors. Before his passing, he was probably the most knowledge author on the Waffen SS. However, I feel like his work has been neglected to a certain extent due to its inaccessible nature. I have seen his work sourced by other authors but usually for minor details.

It is kind of (?) to me why he made these series- as an aide to future historians? To a casually interested person his Totenkopf ii work is weirdly organized and loosely edited. There are a lot of superfluous information mixed in that would be of little use to someone who isn't a researcher. A researcher could read all the footnotes and comments and learn a lot on how to research the WSS.

However, there is a ton of primary source information that is insightful about the individuals of the WSS. Deliberately, Yerger does not do much analysis and opinion- he leaves it up to the reader.

Comment

• read a bit more:

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=760241&page=5

Desiring to learn myself as priority, I've always written books on subjects that were the first or different rather than ride the commercial bandwagon of the redundant or obviously lacking of time/effort/investment in actual new research effort or ideas. Doing so to the limit of my ability when written, all then "sells" though that is an irrelevant factor or motivator in what I do or why. I don't get paid a cent for the two divisional volumes of the "Totenkopf" trilogy. I signed over all royalties as a school graduation gift to the children of my long-time friend and colleague Ignacio with hopes he'll also do something nice for his beloved spouse. He'll do the same for them with royalties for his volume III covering the Totenkopfstandarten. I get all I want learning and writing it as well as having it in the Library of Congress.

Comment

• Desiring to learn myself as priority
                    This part of Yerger's statement above is true. His research for his books help him learn. When you research and then write it down, you automatically "double up" on memory retention. I've started this approach with Glantz' books. As a reader one does not need to write certain parts of a book down in notes but it does help when reading works with a high amount of figures and subjects. As a researcher your always going to be taking notes and then proof reading and double checking through your material usually multiple times. This helps with memory retention.

Nobody except "savants" like the character "Will" from the movie "Good Will Hunting." can retain 100% of everything they read. There do exist people like this but they are probably in the realm of one out of every 100,000,000.
                    Theo mir ist die munition ausgegangen ich werde diesen ramman auf wiedersehen uns in walhalla

Comment

• I found an incredible thread that tallies the awards for a huge number of German formations in WW2:

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...+reich#p957322

Of the Panzer divisions, the German Army's 4th Panzer (84 awards) and the Waffen SS Das Reich division (90 awards) were the most highly awarded with the RK by a significant margin over others in its class.

As far the German Cross in Gold is concerned, the highest awarded unit was G.D (218 awards). and by an even greater margin.

From the thread:

"Panzer-Division , Waffen-SS
                      #1 2. SS-Pz.Div „Das Reich“ : 90 KC (72 RK + 15 EL + 3 SW) [p 42 , incl 15 unoff]
                      [DKiG : 156 , DKiS : 12 , NKiG : 27 , EBS : 33 , AU : 12 , AU (Fl) : 2 , RK KVKmS : 2]
                      #2 5. SS-Pz.Div "Wiking" : 67 KC (55 RK + 8 EL + 3 SW + 1 Br) [p 42 , incl 4 unoff ]
                      [DKiG : 180 , DKiS : 3 , NKiG : 20 , EBS : 17 , AU : 4 , RK KVKmS : 1 , FiOCrL, 1st Cl : 2]
                      #3 1. SS-Pz.Div „LSSAH“ : 65 KC (52 RK + 10 EL + 3 SW) [p 48 , incl 1 unoff ]
                      [DKiG : 101 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 16 , EBS : 14 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 2]
                      #4 3. SS-Pz.Div "Totenkopf" : 55 KC (46 RK + 8 EL + 1 SW) [p 41]
                      [DKiG : 125 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 33 , EBS : 22 , AU : 4 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 7]"

Comment

• The most highly decorated regiments of the German Army:

"Regiment , overall
                        #1 Inf./Jäg.Rgt 49 / 28. ID/Jäg.Div : 26 KC (21 RK + 5 EL) [p 3]
                        #2 Pz.Rgt 35 / 4. PD : 21 KC (19 RK + 2 EL) [p 3 , incl 1 unoff ]
                        SS-Pz.Rgt 1 „LSSAH“ : 21 KC (17 RK + 3 EL + 1 SW) [p 3]
                        SS-PGR 4 “DF” : 21 KC (16 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [p 6 , incl 4 unoff]
                        #5 Schtz./Inf.(mot)/Pz.Gren.Rgt 25 / 12. PD : 20 KC (18 RK + 2 EL) [p 6]
                        SS-Pz.Rgt 2 "Das Reich" : 20 KC (18 RK + 2 EL) [p 3 , incl 1 unoff]
                        SS-PGR 9 „Germania“ : 20 KC (17 RK + 2 EL + 1 SW) [p 6 , incl 1 unoff ]"

"Panzer-Regiment , overall :
                        #1 Pz.Rgt 35 / 4. PD : 21 KC (19 RK + 2 EL) [incl 1 unoff ]
                        SS-Pz.Rgt 1 “LSSAH” : 21 KC (17 RK + 3 EL + 1 SW)
                        #3 SS-Pz.Rgt 2 “Das Reich” : 20 KC (18 RK + 2 EL) [incl 1 unoff ]

Panzer-Regiment , Heer :
                        #1 Pz.Rgt 35 / 4. PD : 21 KC [as above]
                        #2 Pz.Rgt 36 / 4.,14. PD : 18 KC (17 RK + 1 EL)

Panzergrenadier-Regiment , overall :
                        #1 SS-PGR 4 “DF” : 21 KC (16 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [incl 4 unoff]
                        SS-PGR 9 „Germania“ : 20 KC (17 RK + 2 EL + 1 SW) [incl 1 unoff ]
                        PGR 25 / 12. PD : 20 KC (18 RK + 2 EL)
                        #4 PGR 33 / 4. PD : 19 KC (17 RK + 2 EL)

Panzergrenadier-Regiment , Waffen-SS :
                        #1 SS-PGR 4 “DF” : 21 KC (16 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [incl 4 unoff]
                        #2 SS-PGR 9 „Germania“ : 20 KC (17 RK + 2 EL + 1 SW) [incl 1 unoff ]
                        #3 SS-PGR 3 "Deutschland" : 18 KC (14 RK + 3 EL + 1 SW) [incl 4 unoff ]
                        #4 SS-PGR 5 „Totenkopf“ : 14 KC (13 RK + 1 EL)

Comment

• Panzergrenadier- / Waffen-Grenadier - Division , Waffen-SS
                          #1 11. SS-Frw-PGD "Nordland" : 32 KC (27 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [p 10 , incl 5 unoff ]
                          [DKiG : 30 , DKiS : 4 , NKiG : 4 , EBS : 12 , AU : 1]
                          #2 23. SS-Frw-PGD "Nederland" : 23 KC (20 RK + 3 EL) [p 14 , incl 2 unoff]
                          [DKiG : 30 , DKiS : 1 , EBS : 2]

What stands out is the unusually high ratio of KC to DkiG-and also compared to the relatively short combat experience of the units. Looks like award inflation for propaganda purposes as these were the units that held the "Germanic" SS volunteers.

Comment

• https://forum.axishistory.com/search...ch=-1&start=30

-2.SS DR with 156 German Crosses in Gold:

A very quick count shows that 1/5th of them were awarded to Panzer, Stug, and PzJ units with the rest going to other arms.

https://forum.axishistory.com/search...ch=-1&start=15

-3.SS T with 125 German Crosses in Gold:

Only 14 were awarded to Panzer, Stug and PzJ units

https://forum.axishistory.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=wiking &t=4033&sf=msgonly&ch=-1&start=30

-5.SS W with 180 German Crosses in Gold (the most in the WSS)

27 were awarded to Panzer and PzJ units

https://forum.axishistory.com/search...033&sf=msgonly

-SSLAH with 101 German Crosses in Gold

25 were awarded to Panzer, Stug, and PzJ units

https://forum.axishistory.com/search...ch=-1&start=30

-G.D. with 218 German Crosses in Gold, them most out of all Panzer formations

45 were awarded to Panzer, Stug (in particular!) and PzJ units
                            Last edited by Cult Icon; 30 Jan 19, 23:33.

Comment

• list of the most highly decorated German panzer formations in WW2 (as measured with RK/GCG) in the 20-50/ sub-90 plus range. German panzer formations overall got much higher awards than infantry formations:

That's 31 divisions that were highly decorated. The four Waffen SS origin units were more decorated than average but not as much as commonly believed.

https://forum.axishistory.com/viewto...+reich#p957322

Panzer-Division , Heer

#1 4. Pz.Div : 84 KC (73 RK + 10 EL + 1 SW) [p 5 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 167 , DKiS : 8 , NKiG : 38 , EBS : 78 , AU : 14 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 2 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                              #2 9. Pz.Div : 61 KC (56 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [p 6 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 130 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 1 , EBS : 53 , AU : 19 , AU (Fl) : 3]
                              #3 5. Pz.Div : 57 KC (50 RK + 6 EL + 1 SW) [p 35]
                              [DKiG : 152 , DKiS : 2 , EBS : 24 , AU : 4 , AU (Fl) : 1 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                              #4 12. Pz.Div : 54 KC (48 RK + 6 EL) [p 8]
                              [DKiG : 131 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 1 , EBS : 42 , AU : 12 , AU (Fl) : 3 , AU (Fl) unit : 2 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 1]
                              14. Pz.Div : 54 KC (48 RK + 5 EL + 1 SW) [p 27]
                              [DKiG : 149 , DKiS : 9 , NKiG : 5 , EBS : 44 , AU : 16 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 6 , RK KVKmS : 2 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 1]
                              #6 11. Pz.Div : 52 KC (45 RK + 4 EL + 3 SW) [p 8 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 140 , DKiS : 6 , NKiG : 28 , EBS : 20 , AU : 8 , AU (Fl) : 3 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                              #7 6. Pz.Div : 50 KC (45 RK + 5 EL) [p 8 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 124 , DKiS : 3 , NKiG : 1 , EBS : 28 , AU : 15]
                              #8 3. Pz.Div : 47 KC (42 RK + 5 EL) [p 29 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 141 , DKiS : 12 , EBS : 35 , AU : 16 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                              7. Pz.Div : 47 KC (36 RK + 6 EL + 3 SW + 2 Br) [p 8 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 116 , DKiS : 8 , NKiG : 2 , EBS : 35 , AU : 12 , AU unit : 1 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 2]
                              24. Pz.Div : 47 KC (42 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [p 12 , incl 6 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 135 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 13 , EBS : 39 , AU : 14 , AU (Fl) : 3 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 1]
                              #11 19. Pz.Div : 45 KC (40 RK + 4 EL + 1 SW) [p 9 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 118 , DKiS : 4 , NKiG : 9 , EBS : 29 , AU : 15]
                              #12 13. Pz.Div : 41 KC (35 RK + 5 EL + 1 SW) [p 36]
                              [DKiG : 142 , DKiS : 1 , NKiG : 8 , EBS : 24 , AU : 6 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 3 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 2]
                              #13 1. Pz.Div : 36 KC (31 RK + 5 EL) [p 44]
                              [DKiG : 108 , DKiS : 7 , NKiG : 4 , EBS : 30 , AU : 11]
                              #14 16. Pz.Div : 35 KC (31 RK + 3 EL + 1 SW) [p 11]
                              [DKiG : 158 , DKiS : 4 , NKiG : 1 , EBS : 25 , AU : 1 , AU (Fl) : 3 , AU (Fl) unit : 3]
                              20. Pz.Div : 35 KC (31 RK + 3 EL + 1 SW) [p 35]
                              [DKiG : 108 , DKiS : 6 , NKiG : 2 , EBS : 19 , AU : 6]
                              #16 2. Pz.Div : 33 KC (32 RK + 1 EL) [p 9 , incl 2 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 92 , EBS : 32 , AU : 8]
                              #17 8. Pz.Div : 31 KC (29 RK + 2 EL) [p 24]
                              [DKiG : 105 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 10 , EBS : 28 , AU : 18]
                              23. Pz.Div : 31 KC (29 RK + 2 EL) [p 30 , incl 2 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 121 , DKiS : 5 , NKiG : 11 , EBS : 27 , AU : 15 , AU (Fl) : 6 , AU (Fl) unit : 1 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                              #19 17. Pz.Div : 27 KC (25 RK + 2 EL) [p 33]
                              [DKiG : 164 , NKiG : 21 , EBS : 38 , AU : 11 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 1]

Panzer-Division , Waffen-SS
                              #1 2. SS-Pz.Div „Das Reich“ : 90 KC (72 RK + 15 EL + 3 SW) [p 42 , incl 15 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 156 , DKiS : 12 , NKiG : 27 , EBS : 33 , AU : 12 , AU (Fl) : 2 , RK KVKmS : 2]
                              #2 5. SS-Pz.Div "Wiking" : 67 KC (55 RK + 8 EL + 3 SW + 1 Br) [p 42 , incl 4 unoff ]
                              [DKiG : 180 , DKiS : 3 , NKiG : 20 , EBS : 17 , AU : 4 , RK KVKmS : 1 , FiOCrL, 1st Cl : 2]
                              #3 1. SS-Pz.Div „LSSAH“ : 65 KC (52 RK + 10 EL + 3 SW) [p 48 , incl 1 unoff ]
                              [DKiG : 101 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 16 , EBS : 14 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 2]
                              #4 3. SS-Pz.Div "Totenkopf" : 55 KC (46 RK + 8 EL + 1 SW) [p 41]
                              [DKiG : 125 , DKiS : 2 , NKiG : 33 , EBS : 22 , AU : 4 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 7]

Panzergrenadier-Division , Heer
                              #1 Pz.Gren.Div „Großdeutschland“ [Rgt to Div] : 59 KC (49 RK + 8 EL + 2 SW) [p 19 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG: 218 ; DKiS: 7 , NKiG: 3 ; EBS: 63 , AU : 28 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 2]
                              #2 20. PGD/ID (mot) : 46 KC (41 RK + 5 EL) [p 28]
                              [DKiG : 125 , DKiS : 3 , NKiG : 8 , EBS : 32 , AU : 10 , AU (Fl) : 1]
                              #3 16. PGD/ID(mot) : 32 KC (26 RK + 5 EL + 1 SW) [p 11]
                              [DKiG : 113 , DKiS : 1 , NKiG : 12 , EBS : 15 , AU : 4 , AU unit : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 4]
                              #4 3. PGD/ID(mot) : 31 KC (28 RK + 3 EL) [p 43]
                              [DKiG : 126 , DKiS : 4 , EBS : 28 , RK KVK : 1 , AU : 7 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 1]
                              #5 25. PGD/ID (mot) : 29 KC (26 RK + 3 EL) [p 47]
                              [DKiG : 110 , NKiG : 1 , EBS : 44 , AU : 6 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 1]
                              29. PGD/ID(mot) : 29 KC (26 RK + 2 EL + 1 SW) [p 29]
                              [DKiG : 90 , DKiS : 3 , NKiG : 5 , EBS : 14 , AU : 4 , AU unit : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 7]
                              #7 18. PGD/ID(mot) : 27 KC [p 47 , incl 1 unoff]
                              [DKiG : 92 , NKiG : 2 , EBS : 31 , AU : 9 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 6]
                              #8 10. PGD/ID(mot) : 23 KC (21 RK + 2 EL) [p 47]
                              [DKiG : 90 , DKiS : 1 , EBS : 9 , AU : 3]

Comment

• Using a somewhat arbitrary cut-off of 200 high awards , the ones are these:

4. Pz.Div : 84 KC (73 RK + 10 EL + 1 SW) [p 5 , incl 1 unoff]
                                [DKiG : 167 , DKiS : 8 , NKiG : 38 , EBS : 78 , AU : 14 , AU (Fl) : 2 , AU (Fl) unit : 2 , RK KVKmS : 1]

5. Pz.Div : 57 KC (50 RK + 6 EL + 1 SW) [p 35]
                                [DKiG : 152 , DKiS : 2 , EBS : 24 , AU : 4 , AU (Fl) : 1 , RK KVKmS : 1]
                                14. Pz.Div : 54 KC (48 RK + 5 EL + 1 SW) [p 27]
                                [DKiG : 149 , DKiS : 9 , NKiG : 5 , EBS : 44 , AU : 16 , AU (Fl) : 1 , AU (Fl) unit : 6 , RK KVKmS : 2 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 1]

Panzer-Division , Waffen-SS

Panzergrenadier-Division , Heer
                                #1 Pz.Gren.Div „Großdeutschland“ [Rgt to Div] : 59 KC (49 RK + 8 EL + 2 SW) [p 19 , incl 1 unoff]
                                [DKiG: 218 ; DKiS: 7 , NKiG: 3 ; EBS: 63 , AU : 28 , Michael the Brave, 3rd Cl : 2]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X