The US Marines on Peleliu and Okinawa, 1944-45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US Marines on Peleliu and Okinawa, 1944-45

I am researching a Marine, a Sgt. Richard Bedford Cockerline whose spouse claimed he served on Peleliu and Okinawa, 1944-1945. Can someone help me find his Division, Regiment, Battalion and Company unit numbers? I need them in order to proceed to the search for Muster Rolls to prove he was there. Thanks so much for any assistance you can give this novice researcher. CharlieCW

If you don't have his service record, I suggest trying to get that first. And, while many Army ones were lost in a fire several decades ago, the USMC and Navy ones weren't. They are warehoused separately.

Comment

OK thanks. I am now attempting to locate the USMC Muster Rolls covering the time periods of the Battles of Peleliu and Okinawa. The Marine Archives claims they are all displayed on Ancestry.com. I have checked on Ancestry.ca and they are not there. My world-wide access should have allowed me to have had access.
      Can anyone help me locate these records? Please. They are the first stage in showing what my marine would have experienced during Sept. 15-21, 1944 and April 1-June 30, 1945.
      Charlie

Comment

My uncle was with 2nd Marine Div at Okinawa but it was 1st Marine Div at Peleliu.I know there was a lot of shuffling of veterans into other divisions before new campaigns.
        good luck on your search.

Comment

Have you checked with the official USMC History Archives in Quantico VA? Archives Branch, Marine Corps History Division - Research ...

https://grc-usmcu.libguides.com/mari...-archives/main
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X