Black Prince: Trials report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Prince: Trials report.

Someone on another forum has dug up the trials report on the Black Prince. Or At least a segment of it. Here it is, for your amusement:

Winnie says
    ---------------------------------
    "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
    Herr Flick.

Just so you know what a Black Prince looked like.

Black Prince Tank
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

Essentially an up-gunned Churchill, rather than a new design taking into account what had been learned from German and Soviet WWII armor.
      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Essentially an up-gunned Churchill, rather than a new design taking into account what had been learned from German and Soviet WWII armor.
        Not entirely true.

It was a semi-new hull with a new turret on it. Work was also started on it about 1943. To provide the 17Lbr gun tank. However the Firefly development was quicker and easier so it was dropped from the development program. Only a about 6 were completed and tested at trials post war.

So none of those lessons had been learnt at the time design had started.
        Winnie says
        ---------------------------------
        "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
        Herr Flick.

Comment

There is a decent chapter in David Fletcher's Mr Churchills Tank (ISBN 978-0764306792 ) on the Black Prince including internal and external schematics .
          How to Talk to a Climate Skeptic: http://grist.org/series/skeptics/
          Global Warming & Climate Change Myths: https://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php

Comment

I did get a kick out of the complain about the vertical armor. I never understood how the British could make a tank like the Crusader and Covenanter series with sloped armor all over in the early way period than go back to flat armor and not leave it until the Centurion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X