Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best site for drawings of Panzers!

http://ww2armor.jexiste.fr/Mythicpan...htm#HeavyTanks

It's a good site indeed, I have used this one for some time now, booked marked it for references while I look for ideas when doing models of WW2 armour in particular.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
    Mark Twain.

Comment

Amazing , thank you alot!

Comment

Great find.
        Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
        If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

It should be mentioned they have the same calibre of gallery there for allied vehicles as well.
          Life is change. Built models for decades.
          Not sure anyone here actually knows the real me.
          I didn't for a long time either.

Comment

Wow! Thank you.

Comment

Excellent site, lots of stunning and painstaking detail, he's now branching into Aliied and Russian kit and Aircraft.
              Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
              Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
              David Bowie

Comment

While I haven't gone through all the pictures there I have come across some works which have slight technical errors, either it be missing equipment or wrong parts on the tank at the time... I tend to use this site as to get a general feel for the camouflage colours used more than relying on the drawing side of things!
                Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Nice site. Very helpful for camo ideas, as Achtung Baby suggests. Thanks!
                  http://www.militarywargaming.com

"The Golden Rule of War, Speed - Simplicity - Boldness" -- General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

These kind of drawings don't have a big historical value as they're the artists impressions n' there can n' is errors on 'em. But as AB states they're good for an overall feel of different camouflage patterns.

As a modellbuilder I feel that this site is good as it collects a lot of drawings in one place makin' it easy to find a particular camouflage.
                    The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
                    ----
                    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

I have E mailed him in the past, I'm sure if you find an error and have something graphic to show it, he will amend the problem. As a one stop free source of armour etc graphics I see no equal. I'm sure I can find fault on a lot if not all sites and hard copy publications.

As an example of the problems to surmount, I have seen stated many times that top perspective views of armour are the hardest to find due to the nature of their work, this alone causes errors in drawings art, and models.

This still is a fantastic body of work.

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                      Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

Hey no big deal on my part Bob, just tiny details in some pictures... more so in the German section!
                        I just happened to be doing a model last time I checked and there were small items missing in the illustrations, but as I've said before I look upon this site with a very broad brush purely to get the feel of the colour schemes and camo' patterns.
                        Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

German kit seems to be where the biggest problem lie, I guess that why we get all excited when a "new" picture emerges.

Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                            Berlin.1945
                            by casanova
                            The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                            Yesterday, 23:41
                          • casanova
                            AW 169M
                            by casanova
                            The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                            Yesterday, 23:26
                          • JBark
                            What changed?
                            by JBark
                            There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                            Yesterday, 18:54
                          Working...
                          X