More Aberdeen Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Aberdeen Pics

I took these in June 2006. Feel free to check them out and the other sub-albums there too:

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g5...20Gds/?start=0

Regards,
    Dennis
    If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Thanks for sharing!
    The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
    ----
    We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Thanks, love the Honey at the very end.
      Those that forget history are condemed to repeat it.
      If you're going to be one you might as well be a BIG RED ONE

Comment

The US tanks and the Soviet stuff looks well-kept. I hope they get around to the rest while there is something left of them.

Comment

Some restoration is being done. The facility is not funded to the extent that they can have a full time staff dedicated to that process. Also as stated in another thread there is a matter of building proper facilities to house the relics. Unless that is done the restoration that is happening may be a moot point over the long haul.

The last time I spoke to the curator, Dr. Atwater, the lack of a proper building to store the machines in is what is keeping the Tiger I in England for example.

Comment

Even the Russians keep thier relicis in a shed out of the rain.

If this is the best they can do, then maybe the collection needs to be broken up and placed in the hands of private museums.

Comment

How come the Panzers and a Panther have cover plates (rust color) covering
              up where their ID numbers would be?

Nice photos, thanks!
              Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Originally posted by Exorcist View Post
                Even the Russians keep thier relicis in a shed out of the rain.

If this is the best they can do, then maybe the collection needs to be broken up and placed in the hands of private museums.
                Private or other museums I'd agree with. Private collectors who do not open their holdings to public view I do not agree with.

There are plans to build suitable housing for them. Now if they can get the spendolas from the Feds................

Comment

Originally posted by lufttiger View Post
                  How come the Panzers and a Panther have cover plates (rust color) covering
                  up where their ID numbers would be?

Nice photos, thanks!
                  Those pieces were cut out either for 1. study or 2. to provide observation into the interiors for whomever. A couple of my interior shots are taken through wire coverings over the openings.

You're welcome!
                  Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X