X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior color of the Tiger I

anyone know what this would have been?

thanks all

I'm sure there are some photos of the interior of a Tiger in our Image Gallery - somewhere.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

From PanzerWorld http://www.panzerworld.net/colours.html

Interior colours
      There were two interior colours in use. The first, and most videly used, was Elfenbein RAL 1001. This was by far the most suitable of the two, because of the light colour. The other was Graugrün RAL 7008, which gave a rather dark interior light. Some equipment was left in the black colour they received at the factory. During 1944, an oder was given to leave the interior with the primer.

The inside of hatches and other interior that would be visible from the outside of the tank was usually painted in the exterior colour, however there are plenty of photographs that show the interior colour.

From here http://www.tiger-tank.com/

Hope this is some help, Prosit!
      Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
      Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
      David Bowie

Comment

I've usually used a buff to do interiors.
        If you can't set a good example, be a glaring warning.

Comment

The interior was in two colors - one (looks like a blue/green) in the lower hull, and the rest a creme color...see:

http://tiger1.info/topicIndexEN.html

Best site ever for details of the Tiger I...none better!!!!

Comment

You'll find some color photos here:

http://www.tigertank-h-e-181.com/08_Site_Map_.htm

Comment

Elfenbein (sp?) - a sort of off-white ivory colour, was predominant, at least until fairly late in the war. The other colours are pretty much as stated in the posts above.

Edit: As PzKfwBob says; Elfenbein RAL 1001. His post is pretty well spot on.
              Last edited by panther3485; 22 Oct 07, 03:26.
              "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
              Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

I'm not sure how it's done but this info should be in the Tiger I Sticky thread. ?????????????? Good link Tom, the CD is worth the price especially if you're a modeller, a Buddy of mine has it.

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

Exactly! White or off-white paint amply magnifies the interior light seven fold, making it much easier for a tank crew to perform its duties.
                  "Profanity is but a linguistic crutch for illiterate motherbleepers"

Comment

Originally posted by johnbryan View Post
                    "Exactly! White or off-white paint amply magnifies the interior light seven fold, making it much easier for a tank crew to perform its duties."
                    As a matter of curiosity (you being a man with some Naval knowledge, I think), what sorts of colours were used inside WW2 battleship turrets? Did they go for white/off-white, or did they stick with the 'routine' battleship grey types of colours?
                    Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                      As a matter of curiosity (you being a man with some Naval knowledge, I think), what sorts of colours were used inside WW2 battleship turrets? Did they go for white/off-white, or did they stick with the 'routine' battleship grey types of colours?
                      I don't think much has changed since the war, in our Navy we use an off white or cream if you you will for bulkheads and such, now equipment is another matter, a lot of shades of grey comes to mind.

Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

Elfenbein

Originally posted by panther3485 View Post
                        Elfenbein (sp?) - a sort of off-white ivory colour, was predominant, at least until fairly late in the war. The other colours are pretty much as stated in the posts above.

Edit: As PzKfwBob says; Elfenbein RAL 1001. His post is pretty well spot on.
                        Elfenbein (ell'fen bine) spelled correctly - literally fairy/ goblin/elf leg but is the German word for ivory.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Markuss View Post
                          Elfenbein (ell'fen bine) spelled correctly - literally fairy/ goblin/elf leg but is the German word for ivory.
                          Thanks for helping with that translation, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by PzKfwBob View Post
                            I don't think much has changed since the war, in our Navy we use an off white or cream if you you will for bulkheads and such, now equipment is another matter, a lot of shades of grey comes to mind.
                            Thanks mate, I kind of suspected that would be the case.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                            X