• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored SdKfz 251/22

http://www.pavelblaha.com/foto.htm

Thanks Tom
    Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
    Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
    David Bowie

Comment

Wow really nice! Thanks.
      "Every man should be his own Guru; every woman her own Gurette" ...Ed Abbey

Comment

I'll just have to trade in the Porsche. Where can I buy one?

Comment

Not sure if the kill rings on the barrel are authentic or just for show but leaving this aside, did the gun on the half track ever actually achieve any successful outcomes or was the idea ill matched?

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
          Mark Twain.

Comment

By the end of the war the Germans had a tendency to mount a PaK40 on everything that could move. Just how successfull the Sd.Kfz. 251/22 was I don't know.

But aside from that, this one is a nice copy that almost look like the real thing. Good work to those that's been building this!
            The safest place in Korea was behind a platoon of Marines. Lord how they could fight! - MGEN Frank Lowe, U.S. Army.
            ----
            We got a kinder, gentler, Machine gun hand - N.Y.

Comment

Very nice again Tom!!

A replica, I wonder how long that took?
              I will ask, along with a.b. here, does anyone know of a book, site or source on the combat action of these very "sexy" machines?
              The only thing I could possibly add is that I heard somewhere that the Pak 40 7.5 was really stretching the weight capacity and/or the recoil when fired, it "worked" to some extent. No clue where I read/saw that......

Cheers

Comment

Another great find by the webmaster Tom!

I remember reading somewhere that the vehicle had to be put in neutral i belive, to cope with the recoil. I could be mixing this up with another vehicle, im not sure, but it would make sense to do so.

As far as effectiveness it would think that it would make a fine ambusher, but it would be vunerable to anythingthing that would get shot off at it down to .50 cal's. It also would be fine as a long range sniper in a well concealed huill down position as well, get off a couple of shots and then scamper away.....
                http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...200pixwide.jpg

Kampfgruppe - A Wargaming Clan Since 1998

NorbertSnyderJr.com

Comment

Sounds good to me as well!!

Any clue who fielded these machines on a regular basis, or more of a, give them to whoever needs them by this stage of the war!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
                    Not sure if the kill rings on the barrel are authentic or just for show but leaving this aside, did the gun on the half track ever actually achieve any successful outcomes or was the idea ill matched?

Works well in an "armor ambush" playing SL/ASL.
                    Kevin Kenneally
                    Masters from a school of "hard knocks"
                    Member of a Ph.D. Society (Post hole. Digger)

Comment

SdKfz 251/22

Originally posted by Kevin Kenneally View Post
                      Works well in an "armor ambush" playing SL/ASL.

With limited ammo (22 rounds off the top of my head) and thin armour, this was a hit and run vehicle like the SdKfz 234/4 Pakwagen - last ditch attempts to give mobility to AT weapons on just about any chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by TRDG View Post
                        Any clue who fielded these machines on a regular basis, or more of a, give them to whoever needs them by this stage of the war!!

Cheers
                        This is from "Encyclopedia of German Tanks of World War Two" (if you do not have a copy of this - you should get one!), page 178:

"The Sd Kfz were issued to the 1945 Establishment Panzer divisions as follows: nine to Panzerjaeger detachments, three to Panzer Aufkaerungs detachments and six to gun platoons."

Comment

Here's a nice model of one:

http://www.missing-lynx.com/gallery/...z251_meir.html

Comment

Check this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQrYK...elated&search=

Comment

More photos:

http://data.primeportal.net/apc/clem...1-22%20CN1.jpg

http://data.primeportal.net/apc/clem...1-22%20CN2.jpg

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Karri
                                Prawn heads
                                by Karri
                                How do you cook them? How do you eat them?

So far I've always just twisted them off, and discarded it along with the shells and such, only...
                                Today, 11:40
                              • Jose50
                                Thoughts on the US abandoning NATO
                                by Jose50
                                Now may be a good time for the NATO countries to start beefing up their materiel, personnel and alliances. There is a decided wave here in the US that...
                                Today, 08:41
                              • Von Richter
                                Sagittarius Rising...
                                by Von Richter
                                Just having a re-read of this book after it's stood for donkey's years on the bookshelf. Once again, within the first couple of pages, I'm transported...
                                Today, 01:19
                              Working...
                              X