• Show
Clear All

• Wehrmacht - Normandie

Some great armor in this: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=OyD9tPF4NRI

Turn your speakers off !

Originally posted by Tom D View Post
    Some great armor in this: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=OyD9tPF4NRI

Turn your speakers off !
    Good stuff, but..................was that Normandy? Didn't see many hedgerows, but most of the burnt out Wallies tanks looked to be UK gear.

HP
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

AH yes, combining german WW 2 video with Metallicas " no remorse " , make perfect sense doesnt it!

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint View Post
        Good stuff, but..................was that Normandy? Didn't see many hedgerows, but most of the burnt out Wallies tanks looked to be UK gear.

HP
        Its a mixed bag, some images are from Normandy, some were taken before D-Day, and some others from a different front. And I hate when they put some lousy heavy metal over such films

Comment

While I do not disagree with your comments/observations, I thought viewing all that armor was "worth the price of admission"!

Comment

Most worth to me, thanks, good thing this computer has no sound.
            Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

Somehow I think heavy metal music and it's
              "kultur" would have been poorly regarded in Nazi Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung-si View Post
                Somehow I think heavy metal music and it's
                "kultur" would have been poorly regarded in Nazi Germany.
                Its poorly regarded here too, while the footage was good, most wasn't Normandy. It seems a lot of Neo-Nazi Metalheads get their jollies connecting their music with Nazism, little do the Thudf**ks realise is they would getting free skinheads hair cuts in a KZ for being the freaks they are. IMHO.
                Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                David Bowie

Comment

Yep,...gotta agree with Bob here, its seem a bit of neo-Nazi SS worship going on there, at least judging from the uniforms of the German troops. The footage could have been mostly Normandy, this looked to be from the more open country north, east and south of Caen. Normandy in much of the 2nd British and 1st Cdn Army's zone was fairly open country,...which is why the Germans were forced to stack up 90% of their armour there to stop the various Commonwealth offensives.

Some of the footage definitely showed low cloud (June storm period?) while others appeared to be against the Canadians during operations "Totalise" and "Tractable" (the Royal Canadian Armoured Corps sweat shirt and the POWs). Some of the footage was also from Villers-Bocage (the column of wrecked carriers and transport) and perhaps Goodwood.
                  The Purist

Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assault of thoughts on the unthinking - John Maynard Keynes.

Comment

I am sure glad I posted this film strip! I enjoyed reading all of your comments, and now you know why I said to turn your speakers off. I thought the film strip had merit because of the AFV's in it. I didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest!

Comment

Most of this compilation is indeed June in Normandy. The opening scenes of the 3 Tiger1's and the line up of Panthers is not. The 2 TII's on the road are 1st kp SS 101 and can not be earlier than August. The Tiger 1 with the commander in the turret is from SS 102 in Normandy and the rear view of the Tiger '332' is again SS 101.
                      The M10 with the holes in it was rather well photographed
                      http://www.network54.com/Forum/47208...s+in+Normandie

Comment

I STAND CORRECTED......I went back though it again with the sound off and yes it would appear to be mostly Normandy footage. The first time though I must admit I skipped though it because of the music.
                        Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
                        Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
                        David Bowie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X