Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Channels Battle of the Bulge, seen it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Channels Battle of the Bulge, seen it?

Just saw this program again just now, I saw some Tiger II CGS love on it, as well as some CGS battle footage of them in action! Has anyone else seen it, what did you think?

The "love" part is a general remark, nothing else!!

Cheers

WoW

Noone has seen it yet, now that is a mind bender, hhmmmm....

Cheers

Comment

O.k.

It depicted King Tigers being "killed" by Arty bombardment, thats about it, nothing else around the Bastogne town, at least in this show. Would there happen to be some truth to that?

Cheers

Comment

The CGI Tiger II are nice eye candy, but they use them everywhere including where they were not used, the DOC is pure SCHLOCK!
        Eternal War(gaming) Armoured Struggle Car Bob

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
        Lazarus Long

Draw the blinds on yesterday and it's all so much scarier....
        David Bowie

Comment

Roger that!!

I wonder if anyone else caught that, thus this thread. I know, who cares really, but on the Pz forum, unforgivable I would think, oh well, I tried it out!!

Thanks for being the one and only replyer besides myself.

Cheers

Comment

Don't sweat it TRDG, Holiday Weekend going on some here likely have places to go, me I'm workin'.

History does not record anywhere at any time a religion that has any rational basis.
            Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

I believe you are referring to the Battlefield-Battle of the Bulge; I just had it on in the background a couple days ago. It's a problematic Battle to depict. Only way to do BotB justice would be a mini-series.

These producers tried, with the CGI and the reenactors, but even what was shown was badly done. The battles were badly cobbled together, including the Panzerschreck/Bad Boy/Sniper Dude (PS was a Team Weapon) down to McAuffie's shoes being so new there was nary a scuff. This is not forgetting the twisted narration of events yet again making Bastonge to only focus of the battle.

Lazarus Long

David Bowie

Comment

You nailed it!!

Far better than I could, I just noticed the kings, with the numbers, where and why deal going on there.
                Arty took defeated a lot of German thrusts into Bastonge, but all those Kings were there and they were all destroyed by that one thing...... Band of Brothers way better, even without the Kings, but it would have been a "good looking" real "mock up" if they did I bet!!

Cheers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X