Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-34/85 used by Germans

http://beute.pz1.ru/Beutepanzer/su/t...85/t-34_85.htm

From what I've read very few T-34/85s were captured and pressed into service for the German army, and by this I mean bugger all!

If that's the case, these are rare photos Tom.
    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
    Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
    Bukowski

Comment

There is a T 34 at APG that has German equipment fasteners on it, don't remember the exact model.

Comment

T-34's in German Service

Check this out: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/t34.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Tom D View Post
          Well if this link is correct then my answer in the first post was pretty close to the truth!
          "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
          Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
          Bukowski

Comment

some fascinating photos there Tom, havent ever seen half of them before. In fact never knew that the T-34/85 was ever pressed into service by the germans in any numbers. Well done mate!

Comment

Hmm

Actually this has been raised before. i rode in a T-34/85 that was used by the Germans. My tank ride review covers all of that.
              I just dug it up and moved into the Battlefields Museum section. Check it out, it was good fun.
              Since then the new owner took all the German markings off of it and turned it back into a Russian hands.

Chad
              "History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X