X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T34/76 pulled from a lake

http://www.12mbdragoons.com/panzer/

note the markings
    did your parents have any children that lived numb nuts??

Originally posted by panzer ratten View Post
    I think this was already posted a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by dirkymarky View Post
      I think this was already posted a while back.
      There have been a couple I think, it was a link to this story that led me to ACG in the first place. If you find the original thread with link there is some video of the recovery as well. Would have been last September.

Wait until Twotanks sees they have called it a T34/76A, he is going to go ballistic!!!

Wolster

Comment

In the last pic on this version, the caption reads "Later,after servicing, the diesel engine started".

Do they mean to say that they serviced the engine or overhauled it ? Replace the oil and fire it up ? .............or tear it down, clean it up, replace parts, etc...... ??

I would find it hard to believe that after 60 odd years of sitting at the bottom of a lake, a tank could be "serviced" and just started up like that. Although I've had a similar experience with a Dodge Colt.
        Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn View Post
          In the last pic on this version, the caption reads "Later,after servicing, the diesel engine started".

Do they mean to say that they serviced the engine or overhauled it ? Replace the oil and fire it up ? .............or tear it down, clean it up, replace parts, etc...... ??

I would find it hard to believe that after 60 odd years of sitting at the bottom of a lake, a tank could be "serviced" and just started up like that. Although I've had a similar experience with a Dodge Colt.
          If you find the videos there is one of them starting it. Doesn't look like they did much to it, pretty much as you say.
          Wolster

Comment

Originally posted by Wolster View Post
            "Wait until Twotanks sees they have called it a T34/76A, he is going to go ballistic!!!"
            He already has. I'm over it now.
            "Chatfield, there seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today!"
            Vice Admiral Beatty to Flag Captain Chatfield; Battle of Jutland, 31 May - 1 June, 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by tigersqn View Post

yes me to but it was with a 225 HP Suzuki outboard motor , it flashed into life quite easily really but it was only under for 5 days
              did your parents have any children that lived numb nuts??

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X