Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porsche Tiger?

http://english.pravda.ru/russia/history/8978-0/

Read all three pages and note conclusion on page 3.

Nice post.

Although I wonder if people would pay so much money for a tank so mistreated even with the "link" to hitler.
    Dearest of all my Friends(Vlad in max payne 2)

Comment

The story is confused. This is a standard late model Tiger 1 that has been the subject of much debate in Russia. It seems that the present 'owners' even tried selling it on the net!

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=42148%5D

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...644&highlight=

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1060977681/

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/thread/1149787660/

Comment

Wow i got sucked in reading about it on the Axis forum about this King Tiger
        in a swamp with its dead crew still inside for sale. Incredible, but what
        ever happened??, as this all took place in 2003.
        I'd like to know whatever became of it??
        Life is what happens to you when your busy making other plans! Lennon - www.lufttiger.com

Comment

m kenny, I opened the sites you provided and read all of the posts therein. To me, the mystery" remains...Porsche Tiger or not.

Comment

It is a standard production Tiger and has nothing to do with any 'Porsche Tiger'.
            The Tiger appears to have been 'stolen' from a museum and there was an attempt to sell it on the internet.

http://www.tanxheaven.com/nic/tiger1...er1snegiri.htm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207...3/Lenino+Tiger

http://www.cardarmy.ru/fotos/tiger.htm
            Last edited by m kenny; 17 Jul 07, 17:39.

Comment

m kenny, the Tiger portaryed in these sites cannot be one of the first set of Tigers sent to the Leningrad front in 1942. Per the Pravada article:

"The Germans used Tigers on the Leningrad front just once. They brought six tanks into action on September 21st, 1942. Therefore, the Tiger found in the bog is one out of six German tanks that came under fire while moving along the road Mga-Sinyavino. The first battery of 1225 Soviet howitzer regiment fired at the tanks on that day."

"According to Vesti, an exclusive version of the Tiger by Porsche took part in the combat operation near the railway station Mga. The tank went into action along with the first five Tigers manufactured by Henschel in series. The Tiger that was fired upon in the Sinyavino bog and later was left to rust in the open for decades, it seems to be the very tank Adolf Hitler was so enthusiastic about."

Is the Pravada article incorrect? It sure reads like the Tiger stuck in the bog outside of Mga was a Porsche Tiger.

Comment

The article is based on the fight over the Tiger in the links I gave. That much is true. All else in the article is fiction. Remember it is just a newspaper article rather than a historical document.

Comment

Understood!

Comment

This is the Tiger that was captured by the Russians!

From Achtung Panzer!
                    The first time Tiger saw action was on August 29th of 1942 and September 21st/22nd at Mga, southeast of Leningrad with 1st company of sPzAbt 502. The unsuccessful engagements ended in the new Tiger being captured by the Soviets, who then examined it and exhibited during the captured equipment exhibition in Moscow's Gorky Park in 1943.

As for the Porsche Tiger in question in this thread... easy to identify if pics were available!

Captured Tiger at Gorky Park.
                    "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                    Ernest Hemingway.

"The more I learn about people, The more I love my dog".
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

Also from Achtung Panzer.

Only one completed Tiger(P) with chassis number 150013 saw combat service as a command tank - Panzerbefehlswagen VI(P) with schwere Heeres Panzerjager Abteilung 653. It was used by its commander, Hauptmann Grillenberg (turret number 003), on the Eastern Front in early/mid of 1944.

Porsche Tiger I assume.
                      Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

achtung baby, the first Tiger captured by the Russians:

"On the 16th of January 1943, the Russians captured their first Tiger during a German attack near the Shlisselburg on the Leningrad front. The captured tank was immediately delivered to the Kubinka Proving Grounds and inspected by Soviet Engineers. The Tiger was no longer a new secret weapon."

From http://www.achtungpanzer.com/articles/newgen.htm

Comment

Yes I did see that Tom, I was looking at the Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E section, thanks for pointing this out mate! The link you gave me refers to the Tiger tank but with different dates! Strange.
                          Ernest Hemingway.

Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by achtung baby View Post
                            Yes I did see that Tom, I was looking at the Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E section, thanks for pointing this out mate! The link you gave me refers to the Tiger tank but with different dates! Strange.
                            yes the dates do seem to conflict , i was of the belief the first tiger captured was the one that Achtung posted the pic of and on the dates that were noted in that posting . from the original link provided by tom and the mystery of weather the tiger was a porsche tiger or a henschel , i think its safe to assume that the captured unit was an early henschel all though the thought of a porsche tiger found in a bog in Russia , and photos to back it up would set the forum ablaze
                            still the conflict of the dates of the first captured tiger has got me looking for searching for answers
                            did your parents have any children that lived numb nuts??

Comment

I started with the real basics: the article appeared in PRAVDA, the official state-run newspaper that specialized in distorting the news since it's inception.

After that....

BTW - it's painfully obvious that none of them has ever even seen a picture of a Porsche Tiger, let alone a Tiger II; otherwise, they would not have made such a dumb mistake.
                              Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                Berlin.1945
                                by casanova
                                The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
                                Yesterday, 23:41
                              • casanova
                                AW 169M
                                by casanova
                                The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
                                Yesterday, 23:26
                              • JBark
                                What changed?
                                by JBark
                                There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
                                Yesterday, 18:54
                              Working...
                              X