German use of BT7/T26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German use of BT7/T26

Considering the German use of French and Ceczlovak tank chasis for self propelled anti tank guns were the BT7/T26 chasis ever used or considered fot same.
    Wack tac mac hey.
    Regards.
    Grishnak.

http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/su...26_spg/spg.htm

Many also used as artillery tractors, etc, with turret removed.
    http://beute.narod.ru/Beutepanzer/su...t-26-based.htm

The BT7 were a fairly good tank, they were extensively used for training, anti-partisan & other such duties.

Comment

Thanks for that,an interesting site.
      Wack tac mac hey.
      Regards.
      Grishnak.

Comment

Awesome stuff!!!!

Comment

While not German you still should not forget probably the worst armored vehicle of the war which happened to be based on BT-7 chassis...

Behold, the Finnish BT-42. BT-7 with it's turret replaced with welded up contraption holding pre-WW I era 114.3 mm British howitzer.
          It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed. The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion

Comment

The BT-42...ughhh, what a jumk pile.

Yeah, leave it to the Finns, they always were willing to try something to see if it would work. I remember seeing pictures of their Stug 4's with huge timbers on the side armor for extra protection!
            ...Its one of our V-8's...Pursuit Special on methane, super hot!

Comment

Number built 18 ya gotta love necessity you know the mother of all invention

Comment

Originally posted by Brumbear View Post
                Number built 18 ya gotta love necessity you know the mother of all invention
                From what wikipedia has to say they were next to useless!
                ...Its one of our V-8's...Pursuit Special on methane, super hot!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X