U-panzer III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-panzer III

Can somebody explain me what the differents were between a normal panzer III and a U-panzer III. Where did the exhaustion fumes go and how did the air intake of man and machine work? Is it compatible with the wadingmode of a Leopard II? Does someone have pictures of the gear that was used.

Originally posted by LWDXL View Post
    Can somebody explain me what the differents were between a normal panzer III and a U-panzer III. Where did the exhaustion fumes go and how did the air intake of man and machine work? Is it compatible with the wadingmode of a Leopard II? Does someone have pictures of the gear that was used.
    Hello,

You do know that there were both Tauchpanzer III and IV.
    I will limit this post to some quick photo references, you should be able to get the general gist of most of the workings and the waterproofing of the Tauchpanzer III.
    Attached Files
    The repetition of affirmations leads to belief. Once that belief becomes a deep conviction, you better wake up and look at the facts.

Comment

Air intake was originally via a 20 cm diameter, 18 m long tube that had a buoy with a radio antenna attached to the end. The exhaust pipes had non-return pressure valves to prevent water entry. The intake hose was later replaced with a 3.5 m steel pipe.

Edit: Beaten by pictures.

Comment

Very interesting guys! thanks for the reply!

Comment

http://jedsite.info/tanks-lima/lima-...ng/wading.html
          Last edited by RichardS; 28 Sep 12, 14:14.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X