Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you design a WWII SUPER-HEAVY tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Purist View Post
    Pah!!! The above all pathetic single gun, single turret mundane monstrosities from klout-kuckooland. Using available 1942 tech we start with the ingenious US M3 medium tank (Grant model). Single gun/turret tanks lacked imagination back in the war as they do today.

This is a tank for all needs.

(sigh) If only I was in charge. (sigh)
    How big a crew would your magnificent battle beast require?

If this was a joint U.S. / British design I know how we could man it in the U.S. Army. The U.S. Army Dwarf Tank Corp. It was the 40's so political correctness be damned. In Britain you could have "The Kings Own Royal Dwarf Lancers". It does have a ring to it.

My grandfather's cousin was a dwarf. One of his biggest disappointments was not being able to serve in the war. Even though he was only 4 1/2 feet tall he was incredibly strong. With his big barrel chest and huge hands he could sling those 17 pounder rounds around with ease!
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

If this was a joint U.S. / British design I know how we could man it in the U.S. Army. The U.S. Army Dwarf Tank Corp. It was the 40's so political correctness be damned. In Britain you could have "The Kings Own Royal Dwarf Lancers". It does have a ring to it.

My grandfather's cousin was a dwarf. One of his biggest disappointments was not being able to serve in the war. Even though he was only 4 1/2 feet tall he was incredibly strong. With his big barrel chest and huge hands he could sling those 17 pounder rounds around with ease!
      You might have, err, 'something there'...
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

You might have, err, 'something there'...
        I feel your not giving my idea the serious consideration it deserves!

And by the way I said dwarfs. And yet you bring me midgets!

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
        Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

I feel your not giving my idea the serious consideration it deserves!

And by the way I said dwarfs. And yet you bring me midgets!
          best I could do on short notice.
          \the dwarfs were all off on ' r & r....

Comment

Only one to operate, but forty to get the elephant back after each shot....

OTOH, Just think how much mileage Hannibal could have made out of this ' magnificent beasty of war' mashup...
            Last edited by marktwain; 15 Nov 19, 10:13.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X