Announcement

Collapse

New Site - PLEASE READ

Hello All,
My name is Ashley and I am the one that moved the forum to its new hosting location. This was done for security reasons and try to keep the forum from going down every other day. I understand that the new forum looks very different from the old one but I promise almost everything you had before you still have it might just be in a different place.

Items that are gone due to a limitation of the new hosting/ forum update:
- Awards
- Flags

As I was going thought your posts I was able to fix a lot fo the issues you were listing. Below is kind of a running list of issues an what is fixed and what I am still working on.

Items that I have fixed from your comments:
- Smilie are now working.
- Color/Theme changes
- Signature are now showing up. (Here is how to edit them https://screencast.com/t/OJHzzhiV1)
- Ranking is now showing up.
- Private messaging is now working.

Some issues I am still working on are:
- Missing items from the Calendar
- Like button the posts is giving an error.

One other note I have seen a lot is theme/color related items. I know this is important to all of you but at the moment the most important thing was getting you back a functioning forum with as many features I can get you back from before.

Theme/color is something we can change but it the moment I do not have the time and resources to fix all of the issue and design the site. I did do some theme updates yesterday but it is very time consuming. Please just be patient with the forum as we get it back to as close as I can to what you had before.

If anyone has any issues that they are running in to please let me know in the post below. Please give me as much detail as possible .
https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/forum/world-history-group-welcomes-you/armchair-general-magazine/5034776-new-site-please-read
See more
See less

Rare Footage of Anti Tank Mine Dogs...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rare Footage of Anti Tank Mine Dogs...

sad, but true...no gory footage ...thankfully...
    Last edited by sniper1946; 16 Jan 11, 07:13.

Those poor dogs.
    F cruel men!

Is women up for that job? I don't think so. One military job that a women can't do.

Comment

When you send infantrymen to kill a tank, they have a good change of getting killed, too. Strangely, we seem to kinda be cool to this, and feel more sorrow for a dead dog than a dead man.
      Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
      Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
      USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

^ I feel sorry for men that get killed too,But there is a difference you know!
        A man as got a choice to say No or yes,while a dog has to do what he is told,the dog does not even know he is about to be blowen up.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
          There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Acheron View Post
            When you send infantrymen to kill a tank, they have a good change of getting killed, too. Strangely, we seem to kinda be cool to this, and feel more sorrow for a dead dog than a dead man.
            The difference is the dog wasn't a willing member of the Red Army, despite that the NKVD might say that their dogs were patriotic.
            A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer25 View Post
              The difference is the dog wasn't a willing member of the Red Army, despite that the NKVD might say that their dogs were patriotic.
              And despite what NKVD or Pravda might say, most humans in the Red Army were not willing members either. Or really any other army back then.
              Reaction to the 2016 Munich shootings:
              Europe: "We are shocked and support you in these harsh times, we stand by you."
              USA: "We will check people from Germany extra-hard and it is your own damn fault for being so stupid."

Comment

And despite what NKVD or Pravda might say, most humans in the Red Army were not willing members either. Or really any other army back then.
                It seems you really don't understand Slavic way of thinking.
                It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
                Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

There were certainly large numbers of Red Army troops that did not want to fight, like the minorities and what not, but I'd say the majority did.
                  A wild liberal appears! Conservative uses logical reasoning and empirical evidence! It's super effective! Wild liberal faints.

Comment

In Leningrad alone 110 000 men joined 10 all-volunteer People's Militia divisions by the end of August. Similar divisions were formed in Odessa, Moscow and other cities, although they were reformed into regular detachments by the time they saw action. A volunteer German division was nearly formed in the Autonomous Republic of the Volga Germans, but after the Politburo decrees of August 28 and September 12 the republic ceased to exist and the division never came to exist.

You can pursue any political agenda you like, but the fact that huge masses of population willingly fought to defend their country is undeniable. Of course there were traitors and cowards, but no one is claiming Soviet soldiers were "better humans" or whatever.
                    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post

sad, but true...no gory footage ...thankfully...
                      LOL

The first Soviet colour footage was made on June 24, 1945 at the Victory Parade, and trophy German film was used.

The scenes are clearly fake, being made up of various footages with the inclusion of some reenactors with airedale-terriers which have never been used by the military (at least the Soviet military). Ironically, only German shepherds were used for such purposes, being smart and obedient dogs.

The use of mine-rigged dogs in the Soviet Army is well-known but it proved ineffective after the first attempts. Firstly, the dogs could barely tell Soviet tanks from German ones, and secondly, after the first successful explosions the Germans started shooting all dogs in sight.

And I'm surprised how many hippie vegans we've got on the forum
                      www.histours.ru

Comment

It's true that between the scenes with running dog and the explosion there is a little cut. But maybe it was a black&white video and colors were added by computer ?
                        There are no Nazis in Ukraine. Idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Emtos View Post
                          It's true that between the scenes with running dog and the explosion there is a little cut. But maybe it was a black&white video and colors were added by computer ?
                          I don't see any purpose why these dogs could be filmed - if it was for propaganda reasons, the failed experiment would've never been shown. Even if it was for archival use, there's no way the film could be made on colour.
                          And thar terrier is like an unglued fake moustache on a B-movie spy
                          www.histours.ru

Comment

I think the sky's about to fall in, but I'll say this;

I agree with Shaa.

The film is obviously fake. The only time these things were actually used, they caused an entire Soviet armoured division to withdraw because the dogs associated food (the reason they were supposed to go under the tanks in the first place) with Soviet tanks.

Strangely, while they'd kill a Russian out of hand, the Germans weren't too happy about shooting dogs either.

I'd say the film has been aged rather than false-coloured, and it's about as convincing as an Englishman trying to say, 'Loch.'
                            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Men usually have a choice, animals' don't.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X