Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VE-DAY Street Parties, WWII home Movies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VE-DAY Street Parties, WWII home Movies..

some great home movies of VE-DAY and street parties, click on low,med or high to view footage, then click allow, watchable on windows media player for me..great stuff...take a look thro the films, watch the home guard ones, what wonderful movies

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1
    Last edited by sniper1946; 25 Jun 10, 04:54.

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
    some great home movies of VE-DAY and street parties, click on low,med or high to view footage, then click allow, watchable on windows media player for me..great stuff...take a look thro the films, watch the home guard ones, what wonderful movies

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...26tbs%3Disch:1
    Are yes street partys, that goes back to the days when most of the familys in the street knew each other by name, celebrated together and mourned together. Sadly that is something that is missing nowadays, the whole community atmosphere is not with us so much and one may know your immediate next door neighbour to have an occasional conversation, but down the street? not a clue!! I know there will be some answer this to the contrary but generally speaking it is very true. (Sorry, I know that it is the wrong section for this type of thing but the actual thread of the topic hit me!) lcm1.
    Last edited by lcm1; 25 Jun 10, 07:14.
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Are yes street partys, that goes back to the days when most of the familys in the street knew each other by name, celebrated together and mourned together.

Not wrong on all counts, Lcm, Agree.. day's long gone, when a neighbour was a neighbour...ray.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
        Are yes street partys, that goes back to the days when most of the familys in the street knew each other by name, celebrated together and mourned together.

Not wrong on all counts, Lcm, Agree.. day's long gone, when a neighbour was a neighbour...ray.
        Thank you Ray. lcm1.
        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Thank you once again.
          Freedom is not Free it has cost millions of lives to obtain it and to hold on to it will cost even more lives of the willing and the brave!!

Comment

times like those, stay with you..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
              Berlin.1945
              by casanova
              The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
              Today, 23:41
            • casanova
              AW 169M
              by casanova
              The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
              Today, 23:26
            • JBark
              What changed?
              by JBark
              There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
              Today, 18:54
            Working...
            X