The Balkans Campaign (Germany)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Balkans Campaign (Germany)

Anyone know some good inside info, general info, or sources on the Balkans Campaign? I don't know a lot about it, and would like to know a little more...thanks!
    "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Originally posted by Super Six 4 View Post
    Anyone know some good inside info, general info, or sources on the Balkans Campaign? I don't know a lot about it, and would like to know a little more...thanks!
    Here is for beginning.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans_Campaign

Is there something specific you would like to know?

Comment

Originally posted by vathra View Post
      Here is for beginning.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkans_Campaign

Is there something specific you would like to know?
      Well I could probably have gone on wikipedia myself, but it's not always the best choice for research...don't get me wrong-I appreciate it, but I was looking for some good accurate sources...

Thanks anyways though.
      "A foolish man thinks he knows everything if placed in unexpected difficulty; but he knows not what to answer, if to the test he is put."

--Hávamál

Comment

Well mate,WW2 history of Yugoslavia got complicated in last years...

For years it's was studied that Yugoslavia was betrayed by Croat generals,who sold defence plans to Axis.

Then,couple of years ago, we discovered than such thing was irrelevant,one defector did gave the plans,however they were changed radically after that.

However,today we have proof that Mussolini did funded Catholic clergy to work against Serbian King
        It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
        Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

Well I could probably have gone on wikipedia myself, but it's not always the best choice for research...don't get me wrong-I appreciate it, but I was looking for some good accurate sources...

Thanks anyways though.
          Yeaa, tough choice Andrew, what exactly do you want to know? Battles or schemes? My grandpa fought there, after sept. 09.1944...
          "No title of Nobility shall be granted."
          Article I of the Constitution of the United States

Comment

Originally posted by speed_pump View Post
            Yeaa, tough choice Andrew, what exactly do you want to know? Battles or schemes? My grandpa fought there, after sept. 09.1944...
            Uh well if you remember anything he told you or any info he has/had, that'd be great if you could share, but don't go to huge lengths to get it just for me!

--Hávamál

Comment

Uh well if you remember anything he told you or any info he has/had, that'd be great if you could share, but don't go to huge lengths to get it just for me!
              http://books.google.com/books?id=_Hk...201941&f=false

Chapter 7- Page 114- enjoy!

I'll add that the Balkans and Crete should have been the beginning of the campaign to crush the British in the Med and secure that entire region, but Hitler didn't care about it (He only cared in regards to the proximity to Ploesti) all he wanted was to destroy Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerunnernyc View Post
                Thanks-I'll check it out!

(He only cared in regards to the proximity to Ploesti) all he wanted was to destroy Russia.
                I heard about Ploesti in some World War II books-there was a big bombing raid on the oil dumps there, right?

--Hávamál

Comment

Here this might help you:
                  http://www.history.army.mil/books/wwii/balkan/intro.htm
                  Last edited by Pilsudski; 11 Jun 10, 10:29.
                  "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
                  --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Comment

Originally posted by Pilsudski View Post
                    Thanks-I think I stumbled over this one a while ago, but didn't look into it much.

--Hávamál

Comment

Here are a few links I found

http://www.history.army.mil/books/ww...n/20_260_3.htm

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...sion-of-Greece

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/show...eration-MARITA)

Hope it helps
                      Scientists have announced they've discovered a cure for apathy. However no one has shown the slightest bit of interest !!

Comment

Thanks-I'll check it out!

I heard about Ploesti in some World War II books-there was a big bombing raid on the oil dumps there, right?
                        ..the low level Ploesti raid was one of the more famous bombing raids of WW-2 you should definately check it out when you can...

Comment

Originally posted by galland View Post
                          ..the low level Ploesti raid was one of the more famous bombing raids of WW-2 you should definately check it out when you can...
                          Alright, I'll have to get to that-thanks.

--Hávamál

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X