Valkyrie Gallery Photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyrie Gallery Photos...

Nice Montage of Photos... http://www.topfoto.co.uk/gallery/valkyrie/default.html

the family....I wonder what the children think of their father..see photo..

"" German officer and resistance fighter Carl von Stauffenberg. Stauffenberg on onvalescent leave on the family property in Lautlingen after an injury at the African front, talking to his children and the children of his brother Berthold. From left: son Heimeran, daughter Valerie, niece Elisabeth, nephew Alfred and son Franz Ludwig
    - summer 1943
    Last edited by sniper1946; 14 May 10, 05:53.

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
    You might find it more rewarding if you describe the photos and invite discussion about each one.
    Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Who would think that of all possible assassins, a little-know American actor Tom Cruise would gain admittance into the bunker complex and plant a bomb there, almost changing the course of history.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
      --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

I don't what the heck is important about actor being scientologist.
        I mean,it's a film about something happened 66 years ago.

Now,his life today is already other story,however film getting critics for scientology is nonsense although I have to admit that my contacts with them are non existent,and my knowledge is limited,it's still a thing of choice
        It is always more difficult to fight against faith than against knowledge.

Косово је Србија!
        Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.

Armored Brigade

Armored Brigade Facebook page

Comment

If I were German, I'd be furious (much as I was by Mel Gibson's portrayal of Sir William Wallace) Von Stauffenberg is a national hero in Germany and having him played by a pint-sized Yank twonk must've been galling.
          Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Oh, come on. Tom Cruise was 'Maverick' om Top Gun. He could play an authentic German hero.
            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Oh, come on. Tom Cruise was 'Maverick' om Top Gun. He could play an authentic German hero
              There is plenty of german actors too hire or at least Hollywood American actors with german decent that can speak fluet German,and yet, they pick Tom Cruise.

If I were German, I'd be furious (much as I was by Mel Gibson's portrayal of Sir William Wallace) Von Stauffenberg is a national hero in Germany and having him played by a pint-sized Yank twonk must've been galling.
              THE Movie was about a past History,its a shame that the main actor never match it.
              you talking about BraveHeart? They should have use a scotsman,they never get the nationalitys right,ever!

I had a peek at those images,very good fine indeed,but just were does Sniper find all this,it takes me a while too find something worth posting.

Comment

So far,aside from the interesting link,
                being able to use the word "twonk"
                in casual conversation brings me the
                core value of this thread.
                For this I thank the ace.

Comment

Nothing heroic about the lot. July 44 the writing was on the wall for all to see. They were going to lose. IF this had taken place in 43 then they would have my praise.
                  "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

There is plenty of german actors
                    Really? I must have missed something. Who would you suggest? Otto or perhaps Thomas Gottschalk
                    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Originally posted by the ace View Post
                      you know full well its only because Mel Gibson hates us Southern Shandy drinkers (You know the ones with a functioning liver). You should make him an honorary Scott (Nearly said something else there ).

To be fair to the producers of Valkyrie, Tom Cruise Does look quite a bit like Von Staffenberg, in fact most of the actors seem to have been picked for their likeness to the Germans involved.
                      Winnie says
                      ---------------------------------
                      "He fell out of a Gestapo car, over a bridge, and onto a railway line. Then was run over by the Berlin Express.

It was an Accident."
                      Herr Flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                        you know full well its only because Mel Gibson hates us Southern Shandy drinkers (You know the ones with a functioning liver). You should make him an honorary Scott (Nearly said something else there ).

To be fair to the producers of Valkyrie, Tom Cruise Does look quite a bit like Von Staffenberg, in fact most of the actors seem to have been picked for their likeness to the Germans involved.
                        thats the way it appears too.
                        http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...FceO_AaA1t3mBg
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sniper1946; 17 May 10, 01:57.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X