• Victory Parade in Haifa, Israel

See more here: http://community.livejournal.com/war...le=mine#cutid1
    www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Actually, it is last year parade.
    Not that it makes any difference.
    Kind regards
    Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
    * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
    * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

History lessons to fight WW2 ignorance in Israel

www.histours.ru

Siege of Leningrad battlefield tour

Comment

I'm kind of amazed at the appearance of some of those veterans. They aren't as old looking as I thought they would be.
        Last edited by Cult Icon; 06 May 10, 19:35.

Comment

Many Veterans live in Israel, from all Allied nations, unfortunately like the movie said, the awareness is lacking.

My grandfather was a Red Army Veteran and I only wish I had more time to dredge up more information from him.

It's not uncommon the bump into Veterans on the street here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cult Icon View Post
            I'm kind of amazed at the appearance of some of those veterans. They aren't as old looking as I thought they would be.
            Not all of the men on these photographs are WW2 veterans.
            Kind regards
            Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
            * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
            * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
              Not all of the men on these photographs are WW2 veterans.
              Then a question please, though the men shown wearing their decorations certainly do look old enough to be WW II vets.

Does the parade commemorate just WW II, or can veterans of all wars march in the parade?

Regards,
              Dennis
              Last edited by D1J1; 07 May 10, 20:28.
              If stupid was a criminal offense Sea Lion believers would be doing life.

Shouting out to Half Pint for bringing back the big mugs!

Comment

The Israeli government recognizes only WWII vets as "Veterans" (A special status which gets all kinds of benefits).

I'd be interested in an explanation on it Egor, since it doesn't seem to make since (not by the photos or the official attitude of Israel)

Comment

Originally posted by Golani View Post
                  The Israeli government recognizes only WWII vets as "Veterans" (A special status which gets all kinds of benefits).

I'd be interested in an explanation on it Egor, since it doesn't seem to make since (not by the photos or the official attitude of Israel)
                  Then what does it do for the men and women who fought Israel's own wars? Seems odd to me that only combatants from WW II are recognized that way.

Regards,
                  Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by D1J1 View Post
                    Then what does it do for the men and women who fought Israel's own wars? Seems odd to me that only combatants from WW II are recognized that way.

Regards,
                    Dennis
                    There's no use of the term "Veteran" here unless to describe Veterans of the Allies in WWII.
                    (Which, like I said, receive different kinds of benefits).

There is no special attitude for the IDF (unless they were wounded or killed, in which case they or their families receive other kinds of benefits).

Comment

Thanks Oded!

Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X