Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with references (Cases Weiss and Gelb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with references (Cases Weiss and Gelb)

OK, I've talked about the damnable book I claim to be working on, but I have decided to test the waters on a less demanding work. So I'm gonna try and write a book about 1939 in an alternate WWII. I need references. I need four things at the moment:

1. A good (not too long) study on the invasion of Poland

2. A good (not too long) study on the battle of France

3. Something that deals with the crimes of the Wehrmacht and SS in both campaigns

4. A counterfactual assessment of what would happen if Hitler invaded France in October 1939

The last one is because (at least as I have it now) Hitler demands France be crushed before the spring of 1940, as he plans to invade the USSR when Stalin starts threatening it's neighbors. Thus the Nazis come off as the savior of Europe from the Red Menace. Cagey, but Hitler in this world is just as fanatical, and just as evil, but he's a lot smarter about it.

Anyway thanks for any help!
    How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
    275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
    OK, I've talked about the damnable book I claim to be working on, but I have decided to test the waters on a less demanding work. So I'm gonna try and write a book about 1939 in an alternate WWII. I need references. I need four things at the moment:

3. Something that deals with the crimes of the Wehrmacht and SS in both campaigns

4. A counterfactual assessment of what would happen if Hitler invaded France in October 1939

The last one is because (at least as I have it now) Hitler demands France be crushed before the spring of 1940, as he plans to invade the USSR when Stalin starts threatening it's neighbors. Thus the Nazis come off as the savior of Europe from the Red Menace. Cagey, but Hitler in this world is just as fanatical, and just as evil, but he's a lot smarter about it.

Here is a 3 page summary of the Polish Campaign
    http://worldatwar.eu/index.php?esid=...&searchstring=

Here is a detailed timeline dealing with point 3.
    1939 http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...logy_1939.html
    1940 http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...logy_1940.html
    Follow the links for earlier, and later, years.
    Last edited by At ease; 24 Apr 10, 22:06.
    "It's like shooting rats in a barrel."
    "You'll be in a barrel if you don't watch out for the fighters!"

"Talking about airplanes is a very pleasant mental disease."
    Sergei(son of Igor) Sikorsky, 'AOPA Pilot' magazine February 2003.

Comment

Check out "The Rommel Papers". There is a lot of info in there and nothing too long at any one point.
      "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Contact the author of this book, and propose a translation of his book in English.

kelt
        Attached Files

Comment

I can only help you with Case Blau because I don't feel like Weiss or Gelb tonight.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X