Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only Female POW At The Battle Of Arnhem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only Female POW At The Battle Of Arnhem...

On Sunday afternoon l7th September 1944, the British Airborne Troops, who landed around Wolfheze, captured, unexpectedly quickly, several POWs. Not such an extraordinary event, except that one of these was a young German woman. She was to enter history as the only female POW in the Battle of Arnhem.

http://home.kpn.nl/witie/Female%20POW.htm

Of only short duration
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

And short of looks...

Comment

Originally posted by Dunnigan View Post
        And short of looks...
        Judging by your photo, yes!!
        'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
        " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

The staff segant lookes American or german and the helmet lookes more American than britisch.
          A goode lookeing hansome man offering a light to a very unattractive women,you gott to be kidding me.

Comment

It's a Para helmet, Heidi, most conventional helmets were unsuitable for airborne use.
            Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
              On Sunday afternoon l7th September 1944, the British Airborne Troops, who landed around Wolfheze, captured, unexpectedly quickly, several POWs. Not such an extraordinary event, except that one of these was a young German woman. She was to enter history as the only female POW in the Battle of Arnhem.

http://home.kpn.nl/witie/Female%20POW.htm
              OMG, she could scare the rust off a battleship!!!
              Give me a fast ship and the wind at my back for I intend to sail in harms way! (John Paul Jones)

Initiated Chief Petty Officer
              Hard core! Old School! Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by bass_man86 View Post
                ha! Ha! or feat worse than death...

Comment

or feat worse than death...
                  She is one scaring looking lady,alot of german ladies of that time period 1930's-1940's were very unattrative for some reason.
                  in one wwII movie,the Americans joke about howe ugley german ladies were, thinke it was the dirty dozens,nott to sure.

It's a Para helmet, Heidi, most conventional helmets were unsuitable for airborne use.
                  oh yeah,i forgot.
                  correct me if i am wrong,the American and Britsch and germans must have use the same helmets for airbourne troops.

Comment

American para's is M1-C, the same as standard M1 helmet , but from the pic? I suppose the british and german could look similar, but there not heidi...ray..
                    Last edited by sniper1946; 21 Apr 10, 03:04.

Comment

A little off topic...there was a Japanese POW taken during that battle as well. Unlike the female POW he didn't ball his eyes out.

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
                        American para's is M1-C, the same as standard M1 helmet , but from the pic? I suppose the british and german could look similar, but there not heidi...ray..
                        I'd put it down to convergent evolution. Although otherwise excellent, the Stahlhelm would stand a fair chance of breaking the wearer's neck and our Brodie helmet, with its wide brim, would've added the extra disadvantage of fouling the shrouds.
                        Indyref2 - still, "Yes."

Comment

Her facial features make her look like a member of the Klingon species.

German women are well known for huge tits but their facial features are average at best.
                          Last edited by MonsterZero; 23 Apr 10, 08:50.

"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a ugly brawl."
                          --Frederick II, King of Prussia

Comment

Woof!!! I'm surprised her forehead doesn't have Zimmerit on it.
                            "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterZero View Post
                              Her facial features make her look like a member of the Klingon species.

German women are well known for huge tits but their facial features are average at best.
                              I see you spent a lot of time in Germany, assuming you got out of the bar of course.... my nieces in Germany are show stoppers, my wife and sister were models in their younger days and I could show you many young good looking girls in Germany.....I have never seen as many overweight young females waddling through the malls in Europe as I see in North America....plus not forgetting the ones enhanced by the Dupont Silicone Division....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X