Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced blood donors

Not for flaming sake...
    Exists there any sources (The Germans would be most interesting) mentioning cases where German personnel would take by force donor blood for German wounded soldiers from occupied population?

In Bielorussia exists memorial complex dedicated to the children victims - forced blood donors - whose whole blood was taken from them until their died. The number of victims is in the range of app. 2000 children of the age of 8 - 14 years. The blood was allegedly taken for the wounded officers in the hospital located in the village "Krasny Bereg" in this building.

The only German source I heard of was that some of these children forced donors who survived received some monetary compensation some time ago - 1.540 Euro (or 3000 DMK).
    Here is a documentary in German on this issue.
    Have in mind that my German is zero.
    Kind regards
    Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
    * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
    * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

This one, AFAIU, mentions children donors.
    http://books.google.de/books?id=s__g...macht&pg=PA366
    "Am linken Flußufer kommt man kurz vor der Stadt Salaspils zum Konzentrationslager Salaspils (dt. Kurtenhof). An das Arbeitslager, in dem Schätzungen zufolge mehr als 100000 Menschen den Tod fanden, erinnert eine langsam verfallende Gedenkstätte. In akribisch geführten Listen wurde festgehalten, wie viele Menschen das Lager durchliefen: 330032 Kriegsgefangene und 313 789 Zivilisten, unter ihnen 39 835 Kinder. Vor allem den Kindern wurde systematisch und ohne Rücksicht auf ihr Leben Blut abgenommen. Die Blutkonserven verlängerten das Leben einiger Soldaten der Wehrmacht."
    Google translation:
    "On the left bank of the river to get close to the city to the Salaspils concentration camp Salaspils (dt Kurtenhof). According to the labor camp in which estimates more than 100,000 people were killed, recalls a slowly decaying memorial. In meticulously kept lists has been detained, how many people went through the camp: 330,032 prisoners of war and 313 789 civilians, including 39 835 children. In particular, the children were systematically removed and regardless of their life blood. The Blood Bank extended the lives of some soldiers of the Wehrmacht."
    Kind regards
    Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
      Not for flaming sake...
      Exists there any sources (The Germans would be most interesting) mentioning cases where German personnel would take by force donor blood for German wounded soldiers from occupied population?

In Bielorussia exists memorial complex dedicated to the children victims - forced blood donors - whose whole blood was taken from them until their died. The number of victims is in the range of app. 2000 children of the age of 8 - 14 years. The blood was allegedly taken for the wounded officers in the hospital located in the village "Krasny Bereg" in this building.

The only German source I heard of was that some of these children forced donors who survived received some monetary compensation some time ago - 1.540 Euro (or 3000 DMK).
      Here is a documentary in German on this issue.
      Have in mind that my German is zero.
      Call it black humour but if any of those forced donars were Jewish there must have been a lot of Germans walking around with Jewish blood in their veins!
      'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
      " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
        Call it black humour but if any of those forced donars were Jewish there must have been a lot of Germans walking around with Jewish blood in their veins!
        In one of the reports on the subject it was mentioned that children from orphanages were segregated first. The children with Jewish and Jypsy background were not used as blood donors and were instead eliminated.
        Kind regards
        Igor

Comment

I'm sure there have been a lot of other armies that were just as horrifying, if not worse (Vlad the Impaler comes to mind), but that one is still pretty sickening sixty years later.
          "There are only two professions in the world in which the amateur excels the professional. One, military strategy, and, two, prostitution."
          -- Maj. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower

(Avatar: Commodore Edwin Ward Moore, Republic of Texas Navy)

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
            In one of the reports on the subject it was mentioned that children from orphanages were segregated first. The children with Jewish and Jypsy background were not used as blood donors and were instead eliminated.
            Ah, that was thoughtful of them!!
            'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Dude!

Draining little orphans dry of their blood? How can a Human Being, and I don't think highly of human beings as a rule, pump a little kid of all their blood and not blow their brains out when they wake up the next morning and realize what they've done?! I there was ever a thread on the net that makes me physically throw up, this is it. Not even tub girl did that for me (don't go looking for it!)
              How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
              275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

The Germans did this?
                For some reason, this really gets me.
                It reminds me of a hypothetical question me and my buddies used to discuss every so often.

If atomic bombs would have been available, would the Allies have used them against Germany?
                After a story like that, absolutely!
                "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Egorka,

Can you tell me when this happened. The Damnable Story has a new subplot, and I'm saying I want to do it right cause this is truly disgusting and it should be brought out into the light of day.
                  How many Allied tanks it would take to destroy a Maus?
                  275. Because that's how many shells there are in the Maus. Then it could probably crush some more until it ran out of gas. - Surfinbird

Comment

Originally posted by Wolery View Post
                    Dude!

Draining little orphans dry of their blood? How can a Human Being, and I don't think highly of human beings as a rule, pump a little kid of all their blood and not blow their brains out when they wake up the next morning and realize what they've done?! I there was ever a thread on the net that makes me physically throw up, this is it. Not even tub girl did that for me (don't go looking for it!)
                    I find that I am unable to be surprised at that, considering what was done to the men women and children in their concentration camps draining little children of their blood was a step towards being kind!!!!!!!!!
                    'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X