Pow Survivor Alistair Urqhart, Finally Tells Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pow Survivor Alistair Urqhart, Finally Tells Story

Survivor of Japan's brutal PoW camps, Alistair Urquhart, has finally committed his story to paper more than 60 years

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/worl...9s-.6210821.jp
    Last edited by sniper1946; 13 Apr 10, 15:48.

I am going to have to go out and buy his book...we are losing these heroes everyday and we should never forget their stories and what they fought for..our freedom
    "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
    "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I have had the book for a couple weeks now but have only read a small part of it.

It's an incredible story of survival; one can not begin to imagine what it was like. Hell on earth.

Mr Urquhart is originally from Aberdeen. To think that a man that went through all of that was but a few miles away. Every time I see the Gordon Barracks I'll be reminded of this.

I am glad that he has put his story to paper as it needed to be told. It must not have been an easy thing to do.

Last edited by Mackie; 13 Apr 10, 18:18.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X