Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New film has Japan vets confessing to Nanjing rape, massacre

http://www.japantoday.com/category/e...o-nanjing-rape
    "To be defeated and not submit, is victory; to be victorious and rest on one's laurels, is defeat."
    --Marshal Józef Piłsudski

Long overdo. Next is government acceptance and stoping of the revisonism of Japanese WW2 history currently in vogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
      Long overdo. Next is government acceptance and stoping of the revisonism of Japanese WW2 history currently in vogue.
      Yea, that’ll be the day.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

I will believe it when I see all the japanese school history text book RE-WRITTEN.

Until then.......

John.
        The PLO claims ALL of Israel!!! There will and can NEVER be a "2 State solution".

Comment

Originally posted by ozjohn39 View Post
          I will believe it when I see all the japanese school history text book RE-WRITTEN.

Until then.......

John.
          I AGREE John...IMO I don't think they will ever accept the atrocities that were committed during this dark period...
          "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
          "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

I've talked to a Japanese woman in our university years ago. Needless to say, she wasn't "aware" of any atrocities, and sees themselves as the victims of the world war, and was trying to garner my sympathy for two of their cities being A-bombed... "it was terrible"... right.
            "We have no white flag."

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder Dome View Post
              The government often apologized. Then other parts of the government issued statements that the massacre never happend. Thus you'll find many japanese saying "How often do we have to appologize?", because they either choose to ignore that those were at best half-hearted appologies or they are simply blissfully unaware of the whole thing and only get fed right wing viewpoints.

I was in the edo-tokyo museum. Its the "tokyo" museum and as such its only about the sufferings of the japanese people of tokyo as far as WWII is concerned. How that whole thing came about is not the focus of the museum, so... its basically ignoring that and then saying that it'd be some other museums work to do that. Handy, isnt it. They're not denying, no... they simply focus Japan and as such regretably cant really show anything about china, dutch-india or korea. Pitty, really.
              Its basically what the Poles feared the Center against Expulsions will become.

My highlight was when I did exit the museum. Theres on big entry/exit door with a small pillar in the middle. I exited on the left side, the lady called me back and wanted that I exit on the right side, since the left side is the entry. We where the only two people there. I felt like back in the fatherland.
              Ha, wie so stolz und hehr
              Wirft über Land und Meer
              Weithin der deutsche Aar
              Flammenden Blick.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X