Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.K. Bomber Command stations WWII

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • U.K. Bomber Command stations WWII

    MS Virtual Earth: Royal Air Force Bomber Command Stations Of WW2
    Lists show Current And Alternative Names For Airfields. Some sites long since abandoned are of historic significance.

    http://content-delivery.co.uk/aviati...bombercommand/

  • #2
    Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
    MS Virtual Earth: Royal Air Force Bomber Command Stations Of WW2
    Lists show Current And Alternative Names For Airfields. Some sites long since abandoned are of historic significance.

    http://content-delivery.co.uk/aviati...bombercommand/
    Hi S/46, interesting, I knew that they were mainly up north but did not realise that they were mainly down the Eastern side of the country! There, when you come to think about it, that's logic isn't it!
    'By Horse by Tram'.


    I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

    Comment


    • #3
      There seem to be a number missing. Downham Market, Warboys, Upwood for example.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by michammer View Post
        There seem to be a number missing. Downham Market, Warboys, Upwood for example.
        hi mich, if you click on airfields by region, you'll find them, ray..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
          hi mich, if you click on airfields by region, you'll find them, ray..
          Thank you!

          Comment


          • #6
            Select Scampton and zoom in on the Hangers. See that white blob thingy in front of No.2 Hanger?
            That's the grave of Guy Gibson's dog, buried outside his office, as his master dropped down to sixty feet above the Mohne Dam.



            Bomber Command's most hallowed ground.

            Last edited by Von Richter; 01 Apr 10, 15:46.
            The long toll of the brave
            Is not lost in darkness
            Over the fruitful earth
            And athwart the seas
            Hath passed the light of noble deeds
            Unquenchable forever.

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks for links,von richter, is that you from ww2f adam?

              Comment

              Latest Topics

              Collapse

              Working...
              X