Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schindlers list to sell for 1.5 million.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schindlers list to sell for 1.5 million.

The only privately held copy of a list that Oskar Schindler drew up of Jews to be saved from Nazi concentration camps is on sale for $2.2 million (1.5m)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-for-1.5m.html

Originally posted by sniper1946 View Post
    The only privately held copy of a list that Oskar Schindler drew up of Jews to be saved from Nazi concentration camps is on sale for $2.2 million (1.5m)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-for-1.5m.html
    Hello Snip,

Christ, what is worth $2.2 million for a list with names? crazy Yanks?

Regards
    Kruska

Comment

silly money indeed..

Originally posted by Kruska View Post
      Hello Snip,

Christ, what is worth $2.2 million for a list with names? crazy Yanks?

Regards
      Kruska
      more money than sense andy..cant see it either, ray..

Comment

The things people will do for a buck. That is something that should be donated to a museum for everyone to see.
        "You listen to the ol' Pork Chop Express on a dark and stormy night......"

Comment

museum!

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
          The things people will do for a buck. That is something that should be donated to a museum for everyone to see.
          cant disagree with that thinking triggerjockey, museum would be the best place, ray

Comment

according to todays mirror, they hope whoever buy's it? will offer it to a museum, watch and wait, ray..

Comment

Originally posted by triggerjockey View Post
              Hopefully somebody buys it and puts it on permanent loan in a Holocaust museum.
              Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the cheesemakers

That's right bitches. I'm blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                Hello Rojik,

Yes, but I guess a photocopy would be enough to serve the purpose - whilst the money could be or shoud be donated to a victims fund.

Personally I just find it awsome to make money out of that kind of history - but well Hollywood and Co. don't mind making some bucks either.

Regards
                Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Kruska View Post
                  Hello Rojik,

Yes, but I guess a photocopy would be enough to serve the purpose - whilst the money could be or shoud be donated to a victims fund.

Personally I just find it awsome to make money out of that kind of history - but well Hollywood and Co. don't mind making some bucks either.

Regards
                  Andy
                  If I was a millionaire, I would buy that list. the story behind it is so amazing! But I'd have to give it to a museum, i guess.

But, I think if any money was to be donated of some sort, instead of a holocuat victims fund why not some sort of fund that would benefit today's victims of genocide. Like for example in Darfur and other parts of the world that need aid. Seems pointless to help those that died over 65 years ago. The only thing we can do for them now is to never allow it to ever happen again.

Suzie
                  Last edited by sunny971; 23 Mar 10, 21:46.

Comment

by the way excellent find Ray, I can always count on you!

Suzie

Comment

Originally posted by Rojik View Post
                      That would be the most ideal. Sadly, some are seduced by the monetary values of items rather than it's true historical or cultural worth.
                      Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

I watched Schindler's List again not too long ago...and the story behind it is so good...It does belong in a museum...
                        "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
                        "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by sunny971 View Post
                          by the way excellent find Ray, I can always count on you!

Suzie
                          survivors list..don't know if you,ve seen this list of those remaining suzie.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...aust_survivors

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X