WWII in HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII in HD

Have been watching the program WWII in HD on the History Channel. Series of 1 hr programs taken by Combat Photographers. All of the film was in color and Completely uncensored. We watched a quite of few "Victory At Sea" films in the Navy but these were nothing in comparison to these. If they rerun this series and you are a history buff I would advice watching. I think you can purchase the entire series but not sure.
    Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
    Have been watching the program WWII in HD on the History Channel. Series of 1 hr programs taken by Combat Photographers. All of the film was in color and Completely uncensored. We watched a quite of few "Victory At Sea" films in the Navy but these were nothing in comparison to these. If they rerun this series and you are a history buff I would advice watching. I think you can purchase the entire series but not sure.
    No thank you, have already seen it in HD.
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Originally posted by lcm1 View Post
      No thank you, have already seen it in HD.
      From this statement I would have to "assume" that you are a Veteran of WWII. If so THANK YOU. Just thought I would mention the series. During my career in the US Navy got to see (after Viet Nam) some of the hell holes of the Pacific War and was very humbled by them.
      Too Much To Do Too Little Time

Comment

Originally posted by FTCS View Post
        From this statement I would have to "assume" that you are a Veteran of WWII. If so THANK YOU. Just thought I would mention the series. During my career in the US Navy got to see (after Viet Nam) some of the hell holes of the Pacific War and was very humbled by them.
        Thank you mate but no thanks needed, just put my last comment to you as me trying to be a bit of a 'smartass'! Cheers, Lcm1.
        'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Don't let'im be so humble...

He's a Royal Marine that landed troops at Normandy, and then later - that accomplished numerous times - went inland with his mates takin the fight with'im!

His handle would be the clue to what he drove at Normandy...

A real Bootneck to the core, mate...

No Joke!

On the Plains of Hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest-and resting... died. Adlai E. Stevenson

ACG History Today

BoRG

Comment

I did watch all of the WWII in HD and really enjoyed it...It was very well done and one of the men depicted on there was from Enid Oklahoma...My Grandfather was in the Phillipines in the 487th during the Pacific theatre..I did alot of crying during the weeklong event and actually ordered the series on DVD...IMHO, if my Grandfather was still alive I think he would have liked it and how accurate and heartwrenching it is....
            "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."- Sir Winston Churchill, about R.A.F. fighter pilots."
            "It is well that war is so terrible, else we grow to fond of it." - Robert E. Lee

Comment

[QUOTE=Admiral;1429611]
              Don't let'im be so humble...

He's a Royal Marine that landed troops at Normandy, and then later - that accomplished numerous times - went inland with his mates takin the fight with'im!

His handle would be the clue to what he drove at Normandy...

A real Bootneck to the core, mate...

No Joke!

[/QUOTE Merci, Mon Admirale!
              'By Horse by Tram'.

" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X