WWII Reenacting (Partisan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Reenacting (Partisan)

I was wondering if any of you know of a website, book, video. That depicts strategys that Russian Partisan, French, and other resistance forces used during WWII, I know mainly it was basicly terroism, but some Partisan groups were very, err, how should I say it, military fit?

I myself am a Civil War Reenactor, and WWII Reenactor, and hoping to do Partisan, as we rarely see partisans that are only partisans.

Thanks for your help in advance,
    Hawklore

:thumb:
    "A friend can be won in many ways,
    But a friend can be lost in many many more ways."
    -Hawklore

"aut disce aut discede"
    "either learn or leave"
    -Oxford

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." -Rubius Hagrid

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black

Re: WWII Reenacting (Partisan)

Originally posted by Hawklore
    I was wondering if any of you know of a website, book, video. That depicts strategys that Russian Partisan, French, and other resistance forces used during WWII, I know mainly it was basicly terroism, but some Partisan groups were very, err, how should I say it, military fit?

I myself am a Civil War Reenactor, and WWII Reenactor, and hoping to do Partisan, as we rarely see partisans that are only partisans.

Hawklore

Welcome to the Boards Hawk! Well. Just about anything about Guirella warfare would work and also consider some (most) missions were sabatoge and weren't fighting. Russia's Heroes: 1941-1945 gives some insight to a few noteworthy partisans. Check out the Re-enactor's boards too!
    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Thanks.
      -Hawklore

"aut disce aut discede"
      "either learn or leave"
      -Oxford

"Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery." -Rubius Hagrid

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black

Comment

Thanks.
        Also being a partisan you can use just about every weapon in the book and if you can find a replica of those hated Liberators you can really be a French Partisan, but if you go Frenchie stay away from Doctor Sinister.
        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

At my first WWII "Combat" Re-enactment I was a Frenchie, Viva La France!

Oh I had fun doing that, cause that was the only sentance I know, besides Oui or Wee however you spell it.

I'm gonna mainly be russian though, as the guy who got me involved with WWII his unit is russian.
          -Hawklore

"aut disce aut discede"
          "either learn or leave"
          -Oxford

Comment

Re: WWII Reenacting (Partisan)

Hawklore

See the movie, Armored Attack -- it's an early war propaganda movie that shows the heroism of the Russian partisans fighting the Germans. By the way, I can't find much of anything about an armored attack in the movie, except for the title, but it's a pretty good movie, and seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

JS
            Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
            Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
            http://www.mormon.org
            http://www.sca.org
            http://www.scv.org/
            http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

At my first WWII "Combat" Re-enactment I was a Frenchie, Viva La France!

Oh I had fun doing that, cause that was the only sentance I know, besides Oui or Wee however you spell it.

I'm gonna mainly be russian though, as the guy who got me involved with WWII his unit is russian.
              Rgr, will do, thanks.

-Hawklore

"aut disce aut discede"
              "either learn or leave"
              -Oxford

Comment

If you're looking for militarily fit, how about Tito's partisans. A very well trained and disciplined group.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger1
                  If you're looking for militarily fit, how about Tito's partisans. A very well trained and disciplined group.
                  Agreed!
                  http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X