Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBS D Day Special

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/case_dday/

They should be rebroadcasting this. Excellent show on the development of Hobarts funnies, landing craft, and other technologies. Also some really GREAT demostrations, like a Teller mine blowing up a car!!!! Radio controlled model of a flail tank.

First person interviews with survivors from both sides.

Excellent show.

Same kind of deal on History Television in Canada. Starting 31 May, a week dedicated to D-Day.
    http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

This programme sounds remarkably like one which was shown a couple of weeks ago in the UK - on Channel 5. It was called "D-Day:The Ultimate Conflict". It's due to be shown on 6 June on the National Geographic Channel as "D-Day: Men and Machines". The programme was made by a UK company for NGC/Channel 5. Sadly, some of the information about the Horsa glider, and the reconstruction of Barkway and Boyle's flight to Pegasus Bridge, was incorrect.
      'What manner of men are those who wear the maroon beret? They are, in fact, men apart. Every man an emperor.' Montgomery

Glider Pilot Regiment 1942 - 1945
      The Last Drop: Operation Varsity 24-25 March 1945
      The Assault Glider Trust

Comment

The special sounds good. I wonder how many good PBS shows are not seen because so many people are watching Discovery Channel or History Channel or TLC. I am always on the look out for good programming. Thanks for the link!

Comment

did you you guys see the vet that claimed to be the first GI to get thru the wire belt on omaha. He was awfully proud of that.

That's was a pretty good special. There should have been more Brits, Canadians and Germans, though.
          Givin' you the scoop, the poop, the skinny and the scuttlebutt since 1969!

Comment

Sounds great!!

Sounds like a great a program I'll be watching it for sure!!

Thanks

CURAHEE
            Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

I'm sure in the next few weeks we'll have many documentaries to choose from on the History Channel, Discovery Channel, TLC, PBS, not to mention A&E's movie about "Ike" with Tom Selleck. I'm sure these will generate all lot of feedback on these forums.
              Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X