The German's greatest mistake in WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lodestar View Post
    Just under a month since I, the incomparable lodestar (at once the greatest living Australian AND the greatest Australian who ever lived) revived this thread from '04.

At that time the thread consisted of just 2 pages. It now runs for 24 and for the most part has, as I instructed, stayed on topic.

Surely this is evidence (as if any were needed) of the phenomenon known as losdestarian exceptionalism?

Seriously though, are posters finding these 'blasts from the past' interesting and worthwhile?
    I must confess, I'm also doing it to find material I can use for potential tutes.
    Not just regarding WW2 history but the uses and misuses of the very, very, new marvel known as the internet.
    The value of which, as I have already said, I am not sure about (see my thread-starter: 'Does SPR & Internet discussion improve or corrupt our understanding of WWII?'
    I don't mind. Reading the bickering and weasel-words of another thread on this forum is starting to get ole.
    Will no one tell me what she sings?--
    Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
    For old, unhappy, far-off things,
    And battles long ago:
    -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

• Originally posted by Desiree Clary View Post
      I don't mind. Reading the bickering and weasel-words of another thread on this forum is starting to get ole.
      Kids will be kids.

Regards
      Scott Fraser
      Ignorance is not the lack of knowledge. It is the refusal to learn.

A contentedly cantankerous old fart

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X