Clear All

• Band of Brothers/ Favorite character

Who was your favorite charater in BOB.
    Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Gotta be boring and say Lt. Winters.

Dr. S.
    Imagine a ball of iron, the size of the sun. And once a year a tiny sparrow brushes its surface with the tip of its wing. And when that ball of iron, the size of the sun, is worn away to nothing, your punishment will barely have begun.

www.sinisterincorporated.co.uk

www.tabletown.co.uk

Comment

Winters would have to be my pick..........he's the one who showed the guys organization and got them acquainted. If not for this, they would have surely had more trouble than they had.
      A close second would be "Buck"........cant remember his last name.

Mark
      Deo Vindice
      Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Winters

I agree with you both if Winters was not there they would most likely have been led to their deaths by (Fox Hole Norman). Winters showed bravery and comradeship even under intense fire. He led his men into D-day with few casualties.
        Peter Williams

"We're not lost private, we're in Normandy"-

Lt. Richard Winters 101st 506 pir

Comment

That'd be Buck Compton your talking about. My fav is David Webster.
          To whispers of Beethoven...

"Mein Gott! Die Invasion. Sie kommen!"
          -Werner Pluskat

Comment

Originally posted by C.M. Ansley
            That'd be Buck Compton your talking about. My fav is David Webster.
            Thats him..........thanks. I dont know, but just something about his personality struck me.

Mark
            Deo Vindice
            Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

Comment

Buck Compton for sure.

Comment

Bill Guarnere, "Gonorrhea" was my favorite

and

Dick Winters
                "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

Comment

Lt Winters

Would have to be Winters. Lead from the front.
                  http://canadiangenealogyandresearch.ca

Soviet and Canadian medal collector!

Comment

Though I didn't really have a favorite (though Winters is the kind of guy you want to serve under), I'm a bit partial to Spiers. There was just something rediculously cool (and insane) about him running right through town... of course there was the prisoner incident, but war is war and 'things happen' all the time.
                    If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Comment

My favorite characters are Bill Guarnere, Babe Hefron and Ronald Speirs.

Guarnere and Hefron are guys that I actually have met and spoken to here in Philadelphia, PA. They are like their characters but better.

The actor that played Guarnere (Hughes) has visited Guarnere in South Philly at his residence (he has alot of airborne memories).

Speirs is somewhat a villian but good guy of the group.

AIRBORNE! ALL THE WAY!:bowdown:
                      VonMoltke

Comment

As portrayed in the series I'd say Guarnere, but after seeing the real Winters on a History Channel show about the 101st I have to say he'd be the one. Talk about one cool customer. No brag just fact.

I also hold Sgt. (then Lt.) Lipton in high esteem. He really held the unit together in Bastogne under terrible conditions.
                        Lance W.

Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Lt. Buck Compton (The kind of officer I would be)

Captain Speirs (Fear factor, but all that BS probably didn't happen)

Technician Grade 4 George Lutz- In the books he was supposed to be really funny.

AHHH HELL I think they are all great in a certain way.
                          The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed. -Carl Jung

Hell is other people. -Jean-Paul Sarte

Comment

Originally posted by BarcelonaBlom
                            Lt. Buck Compton (The kind of officer I would be)

Captain Speirs (Fear factor, but all that BS probably didn't happen)

Technician Grade 4 George Lutz- In the books he was supposed to be really funny.

AHHH HELL I think they are all great in a certain way.

Speirs did some things in the war (talked to veterans from the 506) including taking over E-506. The killing of German prisoners seemed to be a rumor but no matter what, Easy Company kicked but in World War Two.

I heard that many people are trying to get the president to award Richard Winters the Medal of Honor. I hope that he receives it. It would be a great event and dedication to the men of Easy Company. AIRBORNE!!!
                            VonMoltke

Comment

I liked...

...Winters, Spiers, Malarkey, Sgt. Carwood Lipton (who received the battlefield commission), Guarnere, Lutz, Compton, Joe Toye, Bull Randleman and Lew Nixon.

I liked the situation when Winters fudged a patrol across the stream in order to avoid needless bloodshed just to pick up another prisoner who wouldn't talk because he didn't know anything.
                              I come here to discuss a piece of business with you and what are you gonna do? You're gonna tell me fairy tales? James Caan in the movie "Thief" ca 1981

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X