Marine Corps Recruiting Standards Post 7 December 1941

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Corps Recruiting Standards Post 7 December 1941

I read a post on reddit on Army Enlistment Standards in World War II and was curious if Marine Corps recruitment standards were stricter than those of the Army around 1942. I can't seem to find anything that suggests otherwise minus Robert Leckie mentioning the Marines were more selective on volunteers as opposed to the Army due to the size of the Marine Corps at the time (with 1st and 2nd Marine Division). I imagine as the war progressed and the Marine Corps bulked up to six divisions that Marine draft/recruiting criteria matched the Army's?

"Conquer Yourself." -Vladimir Salnikov, 1500m Olympic Swimming Champion, 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

Now there is a technical difference here, when you say Marine Corps, are you talking American Marines or Royal Marines? Mind you I believe both Corps suffered from having to take in a considerable amount of wartime conscripts ( I was one ) and I believe it was a case of if you felt warm you were in! Now, the strictness came after the 'Intake' on both sides of the 'Big Pond' until you were absolutely convinced that you were an integral part of the finest fighting Corps in the world! And if D Day was any guide to that belief I would hazard a guess that the RM was about 75% conscripts!! lcm1
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

lcm1, My apologies, I meant American Marines, but thank you for the heads up on Royal Marines.
      "Conquer Yourself." -Vladimir Salnikov, 1500m Olympic Swimming Champion, 1988 Seoul Olympic Games.

Comment

The US Marines were taking Draftees in 1944. They did razz these guys though. I do believe they were taking 17 year olds as well.

Pruitt
        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

They certainly weren't looking all that hard if someone wanted to join.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacklyn_H._Lucas

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X