X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Cross magazine to launch in June

Hi

Hope its of some interest:-

A brand new magazine focusing entirely on German military history from 1914 to 1945 will be launched this summer.

Titled Iron Cross the beautifully designed, 132-page, perfect bound magazine, which will publish four times a year, will become the only magazine in the UK dedicated to this subject area.

Published by Warners Group Publications, which also publishes The Armourer magazine, Iron Cross will be produced by an Anglo-German editorial team headed by well-known militaria editor, Andy Saunders.

Hitherto the German history of the First and Second World Wars has been written one-dimensionally; itís place in history magazines and books usually an instrument to tell the stories of the World Wars through the eyes of the Allied Forces. This publication will take a fresh, neutral and often critical look at what are often difficult topics - especially in relation to the history of the Third Reich and Nazi Germany.

The publication will put the German military under the microscope; looking at organisations and tactics, as well as at materiel, technology, politics and the more personal and human elements of the German servicemanís experience.

The content will cover the land, sea and air war across all periods of both wars. To a more limited extent, it will cover the inter-war period in Germany between 1919 and 1939.
    https://www.militaria-history.co.uk/...aunch-in-june/

Regards

Andy H
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Well, I wish them luck, but (IMHO) this is the most over-covered aspect of history, military or otherwise.

At 124 pages, its bound to be expensive.
    "Why is the Rum gone?"

-Captain Jack

Comment

Originally posted by The Exorcist View Post
      Well, I wish them luck, but (IMHO) this is the most over-covered aspect of history, military or otherwise.

At 124 pages, its bound to be expensive.
      Hi Ex

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'll see what the first issues bring.
      Its a Quarterly so they end to be pricey.
      Current price is £9, so around $11.50

Regards

Andy H
      "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." Churchill

"I'm no reactionary.Christ on the Mountain! I'm as idealistic as Hell" Eisenhower

Comment

The long toll of the brave
        Is not lost in darkness
        Over the fruitful earth
        And athwart the seas
        Hath passed the light of noble deeds
        Unquenchable forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy H View Post
          Hi

Hope its of some interest:-

A brand new magazine focusing entirely on German military history from 1914 to 1945 will be launched this summer.

Titled Iron Cross the beautifully designed, 132-page, perfect bound magazine, which will publish four times a year, will become the only magazine in the UK dedicated to this subject area.

https://www.militaria-history.co.uk/...aunch-in-june/

Regards

Andy H
          Well you guys seem to know much more about it than I do, so I will be interested to see one. lcm1
          'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
          " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X