64th Army Orders To Stalingrad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64th Army Orders To Stalingrad

I need help finding original documents about the transfer of the 64th Army to the Stalingrad area in July 1942.

I have a copy of the translated, English version, of Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal No. 8, Aug 82 (signed to press 26 July 82) pp 27-31. It is titled “Battle of Stalingrad: Preparatory Phase Documents”, and contains 11 different documents. The problem is document #10 was not fully translated. The two critical lines are:

To redeploy the 64th Army to the territory of the Stalingrad Military District. The redeployment is to be carried out by rail….

The unloading of all units is to be in the area of Stalingrad Station…

What I need is the text that was not translated following the ….

Also, if anyone knows of other related documents they would be of great help to me.

Thanks for any help in this.

Dann

You may want to try "The Battle for Stalingrad" by Marshal Chuikov. I haven't read it for several years and my copy is on the next continent west, but it may cover it for you.
    Barcsi János ispán vezérőrnagy
    Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2003 & 2006

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
    http://www.mormon.org
    http://www.sca.org
    http://www.scv.org/
    http://www.scouting.org/

Comment

Thanks for the tip about the book, I never Chuikov produced so many.

I have two books by Chuikov, “The Beginning of the Road” and the “The End of the Third Reich”. On the RKKA link site, I was told about another book, “Battle of Century” which I’m looking over, slowly (in Russian).

It appears that Chuikov wrote several books about the battle of Stalingrad. Each book is somewhat different, with more or less political rhetoric. I looked online and "The Battle for Stalingrad" is going for $40.00, so I’m not going to pick it up soon.

If you are interested, we have been having a great discussion on the RKKA forum about the 64th Army.

Thanks again

P.S. Keep up the good work in Iraq.

Comment

The Russians published a number of STAVKA books with their orders in them. That may be an option - although the language issue is there.

I looked in my copy of the same journal and the translation is the same - we must have gotten it from the same source (FBIS/JPRS).
        "Give a soldier an anvil, just a hunk of metal, and drive him out into the desert and leave him. In two weeks - when you go to get him, the anvil will be broken."
        General Creighton Abrams on the need for a soldier proof tank.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the STAVKA books.

On the RKKA forum about the 64th Army, I said I was going to send an email to the Moscow library to see if I could get copy of the original orders. Haven’t done it yet! It’s a long shot if I could find the correct orders and get a copy.

Comment

Re: 64th Army Orders To Stalingrad

Originally posted by Dann Falk
            I need help finding original documents about the transfer of the 64th Army to the Stalingrad area in July 1942.

I have a copy of the translated, English version, of Voyenno-Istoricheskiy Zhurnal No. 8, Aug 82 (signed to press 26 July 82) pp 27-31. It is titled “Battle of Stalingrad: Preparatory Phase Documents”, and contains 11 different documents. The problem is document #10 was not fully translated. The two critical lines are:

To redeploy the 64th Army to the territory of the Stalingrad Military District. The redeployment is to be carried out by rail….

The unloading of all units is to be in the area of Stalingrad Station…

What I need is the text that was not translated following the ….

Also, if anyone knows of other related documents they would be of great help to me.

Thanks for any help in this.

Dann
            If you can scan it and send to me, I will translate it.
            Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
            (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

Comment

Thanks, but I have it in English.

The problem is that the text is not complete. We all have the translated version that has the reduced text. In the Russian version the … is where the Russian’s reduced the amount of text and removed the info that I’m looking for. What I need is the original orders that still have the full text. I have been told that they might be in military library in Moscow, but I haven’t looked in to that yet.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X