Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan in WWII

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Japan in WWII

    A few ideas come to mind:

    Not be obssessed with the ridiculous Bushido code.

    Not be bloodthirsty, animalistic, sadistic, inhuman, depraved sorry son-of-a-bitch execuses for human beings.

    Not have the asinine belief that their Emperor was a god.

    refrain from conducting "peace" talks after their battle force has already sailed.

    not summarily execute downed flyers, including beheading, shooting and binding the flyers, attaching weights to them, and throwing them overboard.

    Not make a game out of impaling infants on bayonets.

    not have "beheading contests' with POWs and civilians.

    not conduct medical experiments on POWs and civilians.

    not gang rape women and girls, then ram a bamboo pole up their genitals.

    not consign women and girls to "comfort houses" for use by Japanese troops.

    not douse people in flammable liquids and set them afire.

    not present the Kamikaze missions as "divine", "honorable", "gallant" or any sentiment other than the idiocy it was. The "divine wind" was, in fact, a stinking cloud of stupidity, desperation and dishonor.

    I think that should do it.
    Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
    (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

  • #2
    did you miss or I miss their horrible chemical/biological weapons used in northeast China? AND tested on LIVE human beings? (mainly Chinese and Koreans)
    Attn to ALL my opponents:

    If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

    Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think that was suppose to fall under not conduct medical experiments on POWs and civilians.

      But he did forget not be willing to die as a race rather then admit to being defeated.
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

      Comment


      • #4
        hehe... "medical"? Well, I feel it is a bit too nice to replace the wording here. If ever witnessed a documentary film involving the "black sun" 731 unit of Imperial japanese army in manchuria, one would probably find no proper wording in human world would fit their crimes, only those in hell could.
        Attn to ALL my opponents:

        If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

        Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't read the entire list , but come on the Emperor as a God? Whats ridicoulous about that? After all, we think the son of a Jewish Carpenter was God, thats just as silly.
          Shouldn't make fun of peoples religon, on the face of it theyr'e all silly, but that path leads to trouble.

          Comment


          • #6
            Japanese War Crimes

            The atrocities that the Japanese heaped upon their asian "brothers" is only in the last decade truly coming to public knowledge.
            This is partly due to the fact the Japanese war crimes trials dragged out much longer than their German counterparts, so that after a time the American public, to a degree, lost interest. Also, some off the worst offenders were granted immunity because we wanted their knowledge more than we wanted to prosecute them.
            This may have something to do with the lack of remorse the Japanese people still show to their victims and victims families. In my mind the way the current generation of Japanese have been hidden from the truth is the biggest crime of all.
            Lance W.

            Peace through superior firepower.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well, there is also a serious sad fact that Japan is not walking further away from history. Not only does their prime minister routinely "pays respect" to those war criminals' tombs in WWII, but they have been altering their history textbooks as well. In their "new" textbooks, Japan was no longer the war criminal in WWII. Their expansion against the Asian people is again titled as "holy war" to "unify Asia", it was "in order to help all the Asian people to rise against the White". It mentioned about the terrible atrocities of the Imperial army(for example, the masscre of Nanking) as "unavoidable collectoral damages" and they were "minimum". Instead, it focused on the A-bombs dropped onto their soil at the end to emphysize how unfairly the "japanese people were treated" for "their holy goal". .... etc...

              I do not understand what they want to do with this...
              Attn to ALL my opponents:

              If you sent me your turn and after 24 hours, you still did not get anything from me, please be sure to post in the forum to ask for what is going on.

              Remember, I ALWAYS reply within 24 hours, even if I do NOT have time to play my turn, in which case I will at least send you email to tell you that I will have to play it later, but I DO receive your turn.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ER Chaser
                Well, there is also a serious sad fact that Japan is not walking further away from history. Not only does their prime minister routinely "pays respect" to those war criminals' tombs in WWII, but they have been altering their history textbooks as well. In their "new" textbooks, Japan was no longer the war criminal in WWII. Their expansion against the Asian people is again titled as "holy war" to "unify Asia", it was "in order to help all the Asian people to rise against the White". It mentioned about the terrible atrocities of the Imperial army(for example, the masscre of Nanking) as "unavoidable collectoral damages" and they were "minimum". Instead, it focused on the A-bombs dropped onto their soil at the end to emphysize how unfairly the "japanese people were treated" for "their holy goal". .... etc...

                I do not understand what they want to do with this...
                They want to seem like victims so they can pretend to be like every other civilized country.
                Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                Comment


                • #9
                  Paul Mullin mused:

                  :quest: I didn't read the entire list , but come on the Emperor as a God? Whats ridicoulous about that? After all, we think the son of a Jewish Carpenter was God, thats just as silly. Shouldn't make fun of peoples religon, on the face of it theyr'e all silly, but that path leads to trouble.

                  Considering their emperor a God has nothing to do with religion. It is much more raising him to the level of infallibility and/or omniscience.
                  Mens Est Clavis Victoriae
                  (The Mind Is The Key To Victory)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    trials

                    Besides the mass execution of the Jews and political outcasts, what reason did the UN have to place the Nuremburg defendants on trial and not the Japanese? Or to the same extent?
                    The atrocities committed by the Japanese on POW's, especially Americans was horrific.
                    Do you suppose it was because Russia, Poland, etc. were not included in the "spoils" of war?

                    Mark
                    Deo Vindice
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you want peace, prepare for war.)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: trials

                      Originally posted by last_cav1971
                      Besides the mass execution of the Jews and political outcasts, what reason did the UN have to place the Nuremburg defendants on trial and not the Japanese? Or to the same extent?
                      The atrocities committed by the Japanese on POW's, especially Americans was horrific.
                      Do you suppose it was because Russia, Poland, etc. were not included in the "spoils" of war?

                      Mark
                      Deo Vindice
                      There were Japanese War crimes trials, but they are not as well remembered for several reasons.
                      First is that many of the worst offenders decided to commit suicide rather than surrendering to the allies.
                      Of the remaining offenders, especially those who performed human testing for chemical and biological agents, their knowledge was more important to the US than the need to prosecute the criminals. In that respect it was no different the the US rapidly absorbing von Braun and his German rocket scientists.
                      Lastly the attornies for the Japanese defendents were able to drag out the proceedings until the American publics interest waned.
                      Lance W.

                      Peace through superior firepower.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also there was no Simon Wesenthal in the Pacific to keep people focused on the crimes (in many ways worst then Germany’s).
                        Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tsar
                          Also there was no Simon Wesenthal in the Pacific to keep people focused on the crimes (in many ways worst then Germany’s).
                          And truth be told since most of the victims were other Asians this cultural divide didn't create the same furor as it did towards Europeans.
                          Lance W.

                          Peace through superior firepower.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lance Williams
                            And truth be told since most of the victims were other Asians this cultural divide didn't create the same furor as it did towards Europeans.
                            There might also have been some racism involved, not expecting Japan to be capable of behaving like a ‘civilized’ country.
                            Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How we view Japan

                              Originally posted by Tsar View Post
                              There might also have been some racism involved, not expecting Japan to be capable of behaving like a ‘civilized’ country.
                              It pleases me to drive at 65kph in an 80 zone in the heart of Tasmania's hillbilly country with 'local' cars stuck behind me unable to pass, it pleases me to reply to this eight year old thread.

                              In short I present..... the latest in the line of lodestar reviews of posts from day one.

                              I'm sure the matters have been covered more than once since '04 but very intersting how strongly some sterotypical views like hogdriver's were and I presume still are, held.

                              Also good to see that other points raised are still quite relevant and worthy of discussion especially the idea that 'Asian' victims (mostly civilian) of the Jaspanese war machine did not 'count' as much as their white victims (mostly military) and that the Japanese were and still are well......just different.

                              Regars lodestar

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X