My grandfather remembered, a Ranger in WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandfather remembered, a Ranger in WWII

my grandfather was among the allies who climbed pointe-du-hoc Normandy. He was a Ranger who fought along side American Indian scouts/soldiers in his unit from Italy to the beaches at Normandy and into Germany. I merelywish to honor and remember his difficult sacrifice in the second world war. He lost his best friend overseas...his sacrifice and committment are remembered by his grand children to this day...he was a quiet man a rarely spoke accept when he dicussed the war at length...

I invited other members 2 posts and remember their grandparents on this day...

t is what the members make it...

May the soul of my father and my grandfather rest in peace...

sincerely

My Dad wasn't in D-Day, but he did fight across Europe as an infantryman. His mini-bio is here on ACG. Look in the personalities section for the Best Assistant BARman in the Army.
    Eagles may fly; but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines!

"I'm not expendable; I'm not stupid and I'm not going." - Kerr Avon, Blake's 7

What didn't kill us; didn't make us smarter.

Comment

WWII Soldiers

Originally posted by TRUECRISTIAN View Post
      I invited other members 2 posts and remember their grandparents on this day...[/B]
      tis what the members make it...

Paul Mann Sr. [Staff Sergeant] 82nd Airborne/504th Parachute Regiment -ETO-

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...Paul+Mann+WWII

Dale Cumpston Sr. [Senior NCO] USMC -PTO-

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forum...=Dale+Cumpston

The links are to threads here on ACG....
      "This life..., you know, "the life." You’re not gonna get any medals, kid. This is not a hero business; you don’t shoot people from a mile a way. You gotta stand right next to them... blow their heads off."

BoRG

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X