WWII Drinking Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWII Drinking Songs

I am trying to find the name or lyrics of a german beer drinking song sang by US troops in the Pacific. My grandfather sang it often. I dont know german, so here is how I remember the song phonetically (I have no idea what the words are supposed to be or what they mean). Does anyone recognize this?

"Koma floglo mich lo mich a beshi en heinz"

Thanks

Originally posted by geoexplore99 View Post
    I am trying to find the name or lyrics of a german beer drinking song sang by US troops in the Pacific. My grandfather sang it often. I dont know german, so here is how I remember the song phonetically (I have no idea what the words are supposed to be or what they mean). Does anyone recognize this?

"Koma floglo mich lo mich a beshi en heinz"

Thanks
    WOW, having spent a large part of my adult life sing German drinking songs with the German military I can't find a place to start. Sorry. Your heinez most likely is herz or heart the beshi could me a mangled forum for little. American GI's singing anything, the translation should automatically be questioned.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

OK, Thanks for checking. Who knows...it may just be a bunch of drunken words that are some mistranslation of German, or my memory of the song may be bad. Anyhow, just thought I'd check on this board before I forget it completely.

Comment

Drink, drink, drink

Here's a big time longshot as I am sure there are many others but this is the one I always think of as far as German drinking songs:

Drink, drink, drink from the Student Prince

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbLl2...eature=related

No idea what german lyrics might sound like.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
        X