Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WW II Weapons Books

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WW II Weapons Books

    Hi,

    I was wondering if anyone could suggest an illustrated book that has a general overview and/or description of the various weaponry used in WW II, mainly European Theater. I am mainly trying to get an idea of what the ASL counters really represent.

    Thanks for your help.

  • #2
    This might be what you are looking for:

    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...86637622&itm=3

    Comment


    • #3
      Ballentine

      Ballentine had a series of books on WWII they're out of print now and seem rather dated. some were printed using courrier fixed width font.

      I have fond memories of these from my childhood.

      Used book stores will almost invariably have a few on hand in their "Military" section.

      They used to sell for a dollar to $2.50. now you can pick them up for $6.00.

      hope this helps
      And they are surely to be esteemed the bravest spirits who,
      having the clearest sense both of the pains and pleasures of life,
      do not on that account shrink from danger.

      Pericles, The Athenian

      Comment


      • #4
        WW II Weapons Book

        Hi thanks for the recommendations. Just received the Encyclopedia of WW II Weapons in the mail yesterday. Excellent book, just what I was looking for.

        Comment


        • #5
          Books on WWII weapons, kwsrv's impatience, ASL

          Originally posted by kwsrv View Post
          Hi thanks for the recommendations. Just received the Encyclopedia of WW II Weapons in the mail yesterday. Excellent book, just what I was looking for.
          This is exactly the book I was going to recommend!
          Why didn't kwsrv wait for eight and a half years till I was ready to respond??
          Who is this csiemers anyway!! Some sort of lodestar wanna be seems to me.

          I'm sure many books have been written in the intervening years.
          What are posters choices?
          Anyone still play ASL? or even the original SL?

          I must say this review of every post from day one I'm doing is going very well. Yes indeed!

          regards lodestar

          Comment


          • #6
            Lodestar continues his review of past posts - it pleases him to do so.

            Originally posted by lodestar View Post
            This is exactly the book I was going to recommend! ..................I'm sure many books have been written in the intervening years.
            What are posters choices?

            regards lodestar
            Well come on, come on, I haven't got all day!
            Post 2004 books overviewing WWII weaponry quickly, now ... I have a date with.....destiny.
            Books on tanks or planes or small arms or ships or combinations there of.

            Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles Visual Encyclopedia (Amber Books 2009) and the sister books on Military Aircraft are excellent but I have no idea how to insert images of the covers into this thread (and absolutely no interest in learning how to do so!)

            There are few certainties in life or in the world, but that lodestar will end up in an unmarked, shallow grave in a desolate, forsaken, wind-blown corner of a remote, barren and unknown land, is surely one of them”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lodestar View Post
              I have no idea how to insert images of the covers into this thread
              You can find them on Amazon, right click them to get their URL and paste then into the Image button of this forum's post editor.

              Originally posted by lodestar View Post
              I
              and absolutely no interest in learning how to do so!
              Very Brahman of you, Lodestar, forget I said any of that!

              Comment


              • #8
                A Demi-God puzzled. Modern technology confuses lodestar

                Originally posted by clackers View Post
                You can find them on Amazon, right click them to get their URL and paste then into the Image button of this forum's post editor.



                Very Brahman of you, Lodestar, forget I said any of that!
                Thanks but still confused.
                I have the image from Amazon but what is a URL?
                Is it this thing at the top of the image?:
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lodestar needs Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles Visual Encyclopedia image

                  Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                  Thanks but still confused.
                  I have the image from Amazon but what is a URL?
                  Is it this thing at the top of the image?:
                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books
                  I ask again is the above a URL???!!!

                  Can't one of you use your initiative and just find the book cover and insert it in a post???.

                  Please don't make me say please!

                  Regards
                  lodestar

                  Comment


                  • #10


                    Now say thank you. And yes, that underlined bit is a URL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      lodestar unhappy

                      Originally posted by broderickwells View Post


                      Now say thank you. And yes, that underlined bit is a URL.
                      Thanks for What? Finally getting of your backside and doing what I told you to do hours ago.... Yeah right!
                      Next time take a leaf out of my wife's book and do what I tell you to do when I tell you to do it. Right?

                      People like you just make me want to.......Grrrrrowl................One of these days one of these days!!
                      Anyway this was just a test. I knew it was a URL all along.

                      And one more thing. Its MR lodestar to you Brody

                      Regards lodestar

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                        Thanks for What? Finally getting of your backside and doing what I told you to do hours ago.... Yeah right!
                        Next time take a leaf out of my wife's book and do what I tell you to do when I tell you to do it. Right?

                        People like you just make me want to.......Grrrrrowl................One of these days one of these days!!
                        Anyway this was just a test. I knew it was a URL all along.

                        And one more thing. Its MR lodestar to you Brody

                        Regards lodestar
                        Getting of my backside? That should be getting off my backside. Minus several million for shyte grammar.

                        Secondly, my computer has been suffering serious stability problems and I was not the original poster of the link.

                        Thirdly URL does not mean Universe Requires Lodestar.

                        Fourthly, you useless Trot, I am Saint Broderick to the likes of you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lodestar View Post
                          Tanks and Armored Fighting Vehicles Visual Encyclopedia (Amber Books 2009) and the sister books on Military Aircraft are excellent
                          I don't have the book on military aircraft, but the one on tanks is only excellent if you ignore all the words and just concentrate on the drawings.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Book essentially a primer

                            Originally posted by DogDodger View Post
                            I don't have the book on military aircraft, but the one on tanks is only excellent if you ignore all the words and just concentrate on the drawings.
                            Granted, but don't forget kwsrv was after......"an illustrated book that has a general overview and/or description of the various weaponry used in WW II, mainly European Theater. I am mainly trying to get an idea of what the ASL counters really represent".

                            Book is a pretty good primer I think.

                            Regards lodestar

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              lodestar adjusting to modern technology

                              [QUOTE=broderickwells;

                              Now say thank you. And yes, that underlined bit is a URL.[/QUOTE]

                              Speaking of inserts does the same principle apply to film snippets?
                              Opening credits from the Guns of Navarone or the Great Escape would be nice.

                              Regards lodestar

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X