Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: What did the Allies know about the Invasion of Poland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: What did the Allies know about the Invasion of Poland?

Hello!

I would like to ask for your assistance on this question.

What did France and UK know about the planned invasion of Poland on 1st of September. They sure has a spy network in Germany one way or another.
    So did they know "when" and "how"? If so then when did they find out?
    Did they have this scenario as a priority one? If yes then since when?

I hope you can help me.

Best regards
    Igor
    Kind regards
    Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
    * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
    * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
    What did France and UK know about the planned invasion of Poland on 1st of September. They sure has a spy network in Germany one way or another.
    The British and French seemed to know very little about the plans to attack Poland. They knew the German's were building up their forces in the region, but the actual attack came as a surprise to them.
    It appears that at that time the Allied forces had no agents in senior positions in either the Nazi party or German armed services.
    It was also before Enigma had been broken so they got no info from that source either

Comment

Originally posted by Egorka View Post
      Hello!

I would like to ask for your assistance on this question.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards
      Igor

Is this a trick question?

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie View Post
        Is this a trick question?
        What are you a psychic? I can see throug my weak mind... Of course it is a tricky question. What else!
        Kind regards
        Igor

* My grandfathers WW2 memoirs - Romania, Bulgaria, Yugoslavia, Hungary, 1944-1945.
        * On the question of "2 mil. rapes" by RKKA
        * Verdicts of RKKA Military Tribunals for crimes against civilians in 1945

Comment

Think I'll refer you to Redcoat. Seems like France and Britain were convinced that Hitler wouldn't risk going to war with them over Poland.

On the subject of who was in the know, did the Nazi's let their new chums in the Kremlin know about the attack?
          Hitler was puzzled about the lateness of the Soviets move to take their part of the Polish corpse and Hitler had Ribbentrop send off a note to Molotov saying when are you going to move, Molotov sent back more or less ''shortly'' guess he was waiting till the corpse had virtually stopped twitching until Stalin released the Red army.

Slightly off topic, after the RM pact was signed and Poland's fate was sealed, Ribbentrop invited Molotov to Berlin to discuss the division of the rest of the old world.

When Molotov arrived an RAF air raid sent them scurrying to the bomb shelter.

Ribbentrop came up with the idea that all parties advance in parallel lines South,as parallel lines end in infinity, no one would interfere with the other, Germany and Italy would take Africa, Japan take South East Asia down to Australia [gulp] and the Soviets from India to the Caspian giving the Soviets access to the Indian ocean.

Molotov replied ''what about Britain, wont they have something to say about this?
          Ribbentrop says ''Britain is finished as a power,it cant interfere''
          Molotov replies ''then what are we doing in this bunker, and whose bombs are they falling above us?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X