medical battalion in normandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical battalion in normandy

Aside the interest of the film , look at the multiple types of medics helmets.
    The last minute shows chirurgy , frankly speaking not really scaring , but if you don't like that ...

That rug really tied the room together

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
    Aside the interest of the film , look at the multiple types of medics helmets.
    The last minute shows chirurgy , frankly speaking not really scaring , but if you don't like that ...

I found this very interesting, As i was the company stretcher bearer. Carried a full first aid kit as well as infantry gear being infantry when not applying first aid. Therefore was not protected by the red cross. I just carried a white arm band with S.B. on it,. My mates said it stood for 'Silly Bastard'!! I don't know what the Germans would have made of it. Also on occasion had to carry the rolled up stretcher and those old army stretchers weighed a ton!! lcm1
    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Heh, I work in surgery every week. Those operations look mild, but, putting myself and my boss in those conditions, without a modern Operating Suite,with air conditioning, I can see how it would get very horrid, very quickly. Kudos to those brace men (and women).

Susie
      Will no one tell me what she sings?--
      Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
      For old, unhappy, far-off things,
      And battles long ago:
      -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Only saw one kind of helmet - some of the troops are wearing only the helmet liner, and some of them have the camo cover on them.

This looks primitive now, but it was top line at the time.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Was talking about the red crosses painted on the M-1s ,multiple schemes.
          I ain't criticizing the operation .
          That rug really tied the room together

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
            Berlin.1945
            by casanova
            The Sowjet T-34 tank against a German Tiger tank in Berlin in the II World War in 1945. ...
            Yesterday, 23:41
          • casanova
            AW 169M
            by casanova
            The Austrian minister of defence Klaudia Tanner declared the buy of 18 Italian military helicopters of the type AW 169M for the Austrian army, the Bundesheer....
            Yesterday, 23:26
          • JBark
            What changed?
            by JBark
            There was a time not too long ago when this forum was full of discussion, multiple posts, votes and involved discussions on the best of the war, etc.,...
            Yesterday, 18:54
          Working...
          X