X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's for Slick 24 only...

As promised .

I make a long story short.
    The most glamour item found by my pals,metal detectorists , in the vicinity of Royan ,was this lovely and extremely moving chain bracelet.
    It took me 1 year for finding the right person ,who could help me,the military attaché at the US embassy in Paris.
    He send back the item to the States and the US Army worked hard to track the descendants of Mr Marciniak.
    One day , i finally recieved this mail :

""Monsieur Sebastien,

We received your voicemail message last year; however, we did not clearly understand your email address and did not know how to contact you. We tried to email modelchip, modelship, medalchip and medalship- none of us guessed that it was actually modelkit.

My mother did receive the bracelet a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it is not my father’s bracelet. The number on it does not match the number we have on a similar bracelet and on other army documentation in our possession. In addition, the bracelet was engraved with “love mom and dad.” My father’s mother died when he was 9 years old, so any of his personal items would not have referred to his mother.

My father often proudly spoke about fighting in France and in the Battle of the Bulge. Even though he was a secretary in the Generals’ tent, a bomb exploded near him. He had a concussion and awoke in an England hospital upon the end of the war. Even though the bracelet is not my father’s (he died in 1994), I know that he would have been very excited to hear about it.

I looked up the bracelet number on the internet and it appears as if the true owner was from New York when he enrolled in the army. Would you like me to forward the bracelet to the army division responsible for reuniting veterans with their lost belongings?

As we celebrate Memorial Day on Monday, I want to thank you for your efforts in reuniting war artifacts with their owners. I know that my father would have been very happy to hear of your work.

Stanley J Marciniak, Jr. "

How sad...
    The army failed to spot the right family...
    I was absolutely depressed,really.The nice mail from this man helped me to forget this epic fail, but it was really sad ...
    No news from the other dogtags , medals , belongings sent back.

I had this very kind certificate wich proves that at the end ,you are rewarded for your efforts.A sheet of paper ,but a great one for me.

Et voilà !!
    Attached Files
    That rug really tied the room together

Fn American hating Frog.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

What a nice thing Seb

“Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.” -- Albert Einstein

The US Constitution doesn't need to be rewritten it needs to be reread

Comment

Inspiring, moving, and a joy all at once.

My freind Jean-Claude used to get a tear in his eye when he told me about his vivid memories of the americans arriving to liberate his village.
        My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
        GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
        Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Jean Claude Van Damme ??

Comment

Originally posted by sebfrench76 View Post
            ""Monsieur Sebastien,

We received your voicemail message last year; however, we did not clearly understand your email address and did not know how to contact you. We tried to email modelchip, modelship, medalchip and medalship- none of us guessed that it was actually modelkit.
            In the immortal words of Samuel L Jackson,

But seriously, that was a truly kind and thoughtful thing you did, and I raise my glass in your honor.
            I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

A truly nice gesture, Sebbie

Susie
              Will no one tell me what she sings?--
              Perhaps the plaintive numbers flow
              For old, unhappy, far-off things,
              And battles long ago:
              -William Wordsworth, "The Solitary Reaper"

Comment

Jean-Claude Gohier, from St Malo, Normandy
                My Articles, ALMOST LIVE, exclusive to The Armchair!

Soviet Submarines in WW2....The Mythology of Shiloh....(Edited) Both Sides of the Warsaw Ghetto
                GULAG Glossary....Who Really Killed The Red Baron?....Pearl Harbor At 75
                Lincoln-Douglas Debates

Comment

Saint Malo is not in Normandy for me .I know that the realty is different,but I consider the town like the check point Charlie for entering Brittany.

Comment

As promised .

I make a long story short.
                    The most glamour item found by my pals,metal detectorists , in the vicinity of Royan ,was this lovely and extremely moving chain bracelet.
                    It took me 1 year for finding the right person ,who could help me,the military attaché at the US embassy in Paris.
                    He send back the item to the States and the US Army worked hard to track the descendants of Mr Marciniak.
                    One day , i finally recieved this mail :

""Monsieur Sebastien,

My mother did receive the bracelet a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, it is not my father’s bracelet. The number on it does not match the number we have on a similar bracelet and on other army documentation in our possession. In addition, the bracelet was engraved with “love mom and dad.” My father’s mother died when he was 9 years old, so any of his personal items would not have referred to his mother.

My father often proudly spoke about fighting in France and in the Battle of the Bulge. Even though he was a secretary in the Generals’ tent, a bomb exploded near him. He had a concussion and awoke in an England hospital upon the end of the war. Even though the bracelet is not my father’s (he died in 1994), I know that he would have been very excited to hear about it.

I looked up the bracelet number on the internet and it appears as if the true owner was from New York when he enrolled in the army. Would you like me to forward the bracelet to the army division responsible for reuniting veterans with their lost belongings?

As we celebrate Memorial Day on Monday, I want to thank you for your efforts in reuniting war artifacts with their owners. I know that my father would have been very happy to hear of your work.

Stanley J Marciniak, Jr. "

How sad...
                    The army failed to spot the right family...
                    I was absolutely depressed,really.The nice mail from this man helped me to forget this epic fail, but it was really sad ...
                    No news from the other dogtags , medals , belongings sent back.

I had this very kind certificate wich proves that at the end ,you are rewarded for your efforts.A sheet of paper ,but a great one for me.

Et voilà !!
                    Well done seb!! lcm1
                    'By Horse by Tram'.

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
                    " Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"

Comment

Saint Malo is not in Normandy for me .I know that the realty is different,but I consider the town like the check point Charlie for entering Brittany.
                      What are you saying, that St Malo is to Brittany what Hoboken is to New Jersey?
                      I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X